And Then He Kissed Her

6/12/2007 10:32:00 AM / Posted by Kris /


And Then He Kissed Her (Avon Historical Romance)
And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke
I really liked this book, but for some reason I felt like I had read it before. But I do not have it listed in my blog so I probably haven't. I did really enjoy it though, the characters were intriguing and the storyline kept me interested.

Supremely sensible Emmaline Dove wishes to share her etiquette expertise with London’s readers, and as secretary to Viscount Marlowe, Emma knows she’s in the perfect position to make her dreams come true. Marlowe might be a rake with a preference for cancan dancers and an aversion to matrimony, but he is also the city’s leading publisher, and Emma is convinced he’s her best chance to see her work in print…until she discovers the lying scoundrel has been rejecting her manuscripts without ever reading a single page!
As a publisher, Harry finds reading etiquette books akin to slow, painful torture. Besides, he can’t believe his proper secretary has the passion to write anything worth reading. Then she has the nerve to call him a liar, and even resigns without notice, leaving his business in uproar and his honor in question. Harry decides it’s time to teach Miss Dove a few things that aren’t proper. But when he kisses her, he discovers that his former secretary has more passion and fire than he ever imagined, for one luscious taste of her lips only leaves him hungry for more…

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Holly on 6/12/2007 5:17 PM

I really liked the LLG books I read before, but I haven't tried this one yet. Was it SUPER good or just SORT of good?

Comment by Kris on 6/12/2007 5:53 PM

For me I think it was between the two. I would not say it was awesome but it was better than okay.

It was funny to watch the hero when she resigned because he is so arrogant he just couldn't fathom that she left him.

Comment by Holly on 6/12/2007 7:17 PM

I haven't been in the mood for a historical in AGES, but I think I might buy this one.

Thanks!

Comment by Kris on 6/13/2007 4:46 AM

I hope you like it. :)

Post a Comment