King of Sword and Sky and others

2/02/2009 04:38:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Happy Groundhog Day! This evening Hubby and I are going to do our yearly tradition of watching the movie Groundhog Day on groundhog day. If you have not seen it, you are missing out, it is a great movie.

Reads for past two weeks:
Witch Fire by Anya Bast (B+)
Witch Blood by Anya Bast (B)
Witch Heart by Anya Bast (review here at Book Binge)
The Quickening by Antonia Tiranth (review here at Book Binge)
No Other Lover by Jane Ann Long (A-)
The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston (A-)
Sons of Amber by Bianca D'Arc (C+)
Kiss and Tell by Suzanne Brockmann (review coming soon)


Thought: You know you are a book junkie when ... you buy your purses based on if you can fit a book into it. (I never buy a purse that I cannot fit a trade size book into.)



King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul Book 3) by C. L. Wilson
Returning to the Fading Lands with his Celierian truemate, Rain discovers a dissension among the most powerful members of his own council. As the Eld plot their next deadly strike, Ellysetta struggles to master her powerful magic and discover how to save the tairen, while Rain confronts open challenge to his rule and prepares to lead the Fey army to war.

I promised I would post this after my re-read of the first two books.
Great addition, I LOVE this series!! They finally travel to the Fading Lands and find that things are not exactly as they should be. Rain discovers somethings that have happened because of his near insanity. When he was not himself his power was given to the Counsel and now (like when the military takes power during a war) they do not want to give the power back over to Rain. They have gotten huge egos with all that power and do not want to give it up.
They also have a lot of suspicion about Elly and her Marks that she has and how safe she actually is, they do not trust her.
Elly starts working with the tairen trying to save them and discovers exactly what is happening to them, but does she have the power to save them.
Great story. I cannot wait for the next book to see what happens with the Mage War. And if Shan and his mate get rescued. Good stuff, June is too far away :(

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Amy C on 2/02/2009 5:51 PM

Isn't this just a marvelous series? I am so anticipating the final book in Ellie and Rain's saga. It's going to be amazing!!

Queen was supposed to come out around this time but they moved the date up because Ms. Wilson didn't want to rush. I am so cool with that. I would much rather wait for a book, knowing the author put everything she had into it than to get a half assed book because of deadlines, you know? Especially with this series. It's too darn good to rush!

Comment by Stacy~ on 2/03/2009 8:45 AM

I've only read book #1, but I do have the other 2. I think I need to do a re-read of the first one. I really, really liked it and can't say why I haven't started the other ones yet.

I agree with Amy - I'd rather wait for a book if I know the end product is more about quality than meeting a deadline.

Comment by Marg on 2/05/2009 2:23 AM

I really need to read the first book in this series!

And I also insist that any handbag I have must be able to fit a couple of books in at least!

Comment by Kris on 2/05/2009 6:34 AM

Amy - i think I remember that now about the release date, I am glad that she is taking her time and not rushing fora deadline and doing a half-a**ed job of it.

Stacy and Marg - You should both read this series it is very good.

Yay Marg, now i know I am not the only one :)

Post a Comment