February Re-read Challenge

2/28/2009 11:01:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

I recently read the first two in this series. Extreme Exposure and Hard Evidence (my review here). When I first read Unlawful Contact (review here) I had no idea that it was part of a series. I had wondered briefly because some of the characters were talked about like the reader should know them but then dismissed it, don't know why. So after reading the other two, I needed to re-read and felt this book would be good for the challenge.


Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
Taken hostage by a convicted murderer while reporting at a prison, Sophie Alton has no idea that the man holding the gun to her head is the bad boy who was her first love in high school. Condemned to life without parole, Marc Hunter finds himself with no choice but to break out of prison after his younger sister disappears with her baby. Though he regrets what he has to put Sophie through, he can’t let anything get in the way of his stopping the corrupt officials who are set on destroying what’s left of his family. But being near Sophie rekindles memories for both of them. As the passion between them heats up, so does the conspiracy to put both of them in their graves.

I loved this more the second time around. A lot of the things I missed the first time around because I had not read the other books made more sense this time. Last time I felt that I was missing something and that I was supposed to know the other characters and had no clue who they were. I had more background info on the heroine than before so that also added to my enjoyability. Some very hot scenes and a lot of soul searching for Sophie. Great storyline and great characters.

Labels: ,

4 comments:

Comment by Tracy on 3/01/2009 11:45 AM

I just read my first Pamela Clare (one of her historicals) and really enjoyed. It's good to know her suspense titles are just as good. Thanks for the review!

Comment by nath on 3/01/2009 11:46 AM

Glad this one was more enjoyable to you the second time around. It's always that way though when you read the books that come before... you pick on little details that you would missed, even if the books can stand alone.

I read book 1 - DNF, and book 2 was meh. I have this one in my TBR pile, because it got a great buzz... but still haven't convinced myself to read it yet. Soon though :)

Comment by Lori on 3/01/2009 4:24 PM

Oh yes, Tracy. She's one of the few authors who can do historical and suspense equally well. Not too many of those around.

I love the I-team series. The next one is due out soon. Can't wait!

Comment by Chantal on 3/02/2009 4:14 PM

I didn't like this book enough to read it again, but I do plan to read more from the series.

Post a Comment