Stay the Night and the rest of my Feburary reads

3/01/2009 08:34:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sorry I have been not around much. I have been reading more than being online these past two weeks. But have been around a little and lurking.

At home:
I currently have a nasty cold that is kicking my butt. The baby is doing great. She has started holding her own bottle and will get up on her knees but is not wanting to go anywhere. I am okay with that at hte moment, once she gets mobile all things change. Hubby swears she is saying "Dada" but I think she is still exploring sounds, the other two said "dada" first and I am holding out hope for this one. :P


Here are the rest of my reads from February:
Real Vampires Have Curves
by Gerry Bartlett (B)
Real Vampires Live Large by Gerry Bartlett (B)
Destiny kills by Keri Arthur (C+)
All I want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerralyn Sparks (B)
The Rogue Hunter by Lynsey Sands (B)
Ultimate Weapon by Shannon McKenna (B+)
A Perfect Darkness by Jaime Rush (review to come at Book Binge)


Stay the Night (Darkyn Book 7) by Lynn Viehl
Outlaw, immortal vampire, and art thief, Darkyn Lord Robin of Locksley has evaded authorities for the last 700 years. At the moment, he's falling for undercover federal agent Christina Renshaw, who has no time for an affair. She hopes to snag an elusive art thief, but soon has no choice other than to join forces with Robin. When the chase becomes dangerous, both will have to choose between losing each other and losing everything they value...

When I found out that Robin was going to be the hero in this one, I was sooooo excited. I have had a fascination with the character of Robin Hood since I was a child. So I love books with him as a character. (And I cannot wait to see the BBC series with Richard Armitage of it.) Though Ms Viehl was not too happy about the cover color, I do not think it is too bad. But she wrote a very funny blog post here using her characters to vent her frustrations.
This book was fun I was expecting a little different storyline which made it better for me because it was not what I expected. I was picturing along the storyline of the movie The Thomas Crown Affair. Got something totally different, yay (not knocking that storyline, I like it too, but always nice to be surprised).
Chris (all of the heroine in this series have boy nicknames) ends up thrust into this world of vampires that she is not to certain are not escapees from a really intense RPG geekdom. But her partner is missing and Robin says that the bad guys have kidnapped him and are torturing him. She just wants to find her partner and arrest all these people who are clearly mentally unbalanced. It was fun to watch her. Things about Robin's past catch up with him. I wish we would have seen more of Will though, I like to watch the two of them interact. But i just heard that there is a short e-story about what is happening in America during this story. I need to go find that.
The secondary story in this book circled around Alex and Michael and the ruling council and their friend Phillipe. The council is deciding whether or not to go to war with the Brethren.

Good storyline, kept me interested. There is a very hot m/m scene too that was very unexpected. Her next book in this world is actually a spin-off series called the Kyndred (first book is called Shadowlight and comes out in August).

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Comment by nath on 3/02/2009 8:02 AM

Awww, so cute!! I hope she says Mama first :D and sorry for your cold. Ugh. sucks.

Seems like you had a good month :) and I miss you Kris!!

Comment by Christine on 3/03/2009 3:55 PM

Hi Kris!
Sorry about the cold. Life is tough when Mom gets sick, isn't it? :(

So cute about the baby! I'm sure she's super adorable!

Would you believe me if I told you that I have the first five Darkyn books on my TBR pile and have never read one of them? Who does that? This particular story sounds really intriguing and fun. Someday I'm going to read this whole series straight! .... maybe before August? Wishful thinking...

Comment by Kris on 3/03/2009 10:15 PM

nath - me too ;) thanks, shoving medicine down to try to get better quicker.

christine - yea, it is hard to sing and cough at the same time. I will try to post pics soon. I understand the tbr pile thing. i have the first four of Meljean's demon series that i have not read yet either.

Post a Comment