Second Chance Pass and other week 4 books

3/29/2009 05:33:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Working on my re-read challenge post and reading alot on my vacation!! Will post more stuff soon.
Also read:
Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (A) been talked about alot already,nothing to add but that I loved it and cannot wait for the next one.
Beyond Sunrise by Sandra Brown (B) I think it was Nath (actually it was Zeek who did the second book in the re-read challenge) that recommended this one to me. I and not read a Sandra Brown book before, this was an interesting read. There were some parts that I was irritated about the high-handedness, but I got over it. Looking for the next book to get Jake's story.


Second Chance Pass (Virgin River Book 5) by Robyn Carr
In the space of a few months Vanessa buried her husband, Matt, and gave birth to their son—breaking her heart while filling it with a whole new kind of love. But the one man she longs to share this love with now acts as if she doesn't exist. Paul Haggerty lives by the marine motto: Semper Fi. Ever faithful to his best friend, he's done right by Matt's widow as best he can…considering he's been secretly in love with her for years. Now, just as he's about to make his move, another woman has staked her claim on him—a claim that will be tough to escape.
With courage, humility and not a little meddling from the good folks of Virgin River, Vanni and Paul might just get a second chance to have the love they both desire and deserve.


Great addition to the series. I love reading this series because with each book she still incorporates the rest of the town so you get to still see characters from the other stories. Every time I read these it feels like I am visiting old friends or getting an update letter of the town (like Jack is writing for Ricky).
I enjoyed this one. It is not my favorite in the series, but I had fun with it. I was glad to see Paul and Vanni get together. I am okay with the time line, like she said, she had not seen Matt in almost a year beforehand. Sometimes things just happen that way.
I am looking forward to the next book.

Labels:

2 comments:

Comment by nath on 3/31/2009 10:37 AM

Glad that you enjoyed Bone Crossed!! :) It was good, right?

I'm not the one that made that rec. I don't read Sandra Brown... ^_^;

Happy that you enjoyed SCP. It is a great addition to the series... however, somewhere, I wish it would have focused more on Vanni and Paul. You know, take the second half of Whispering Rock and combine it with the first half of this book :)

Comment by Kris on 4/04/2009 4:25 PM

I looked it up, i knew someone had done it (or another in the series) as a re-read, it was Zeek. I will go change the post. I need to learn how to do strikethroughs.

Loved BoneCrossed!!

Post a Comment