Everlasting Bad Boys and week 1 reads

3/08/2009 05:03:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Not much going on here except writing letters and waiting to see about education budget cuts in my county. It looks like I am on a possible chopping block because i am still on annual contract. this was supposed to be my last year on it, funny how that works out. My school board has to cut $112 million dollars from its budget.

Promises in Death (In Death book ??) by JD Robb great addition to the series. we saw more personal life in this onethan the last. Lots of good lines and parts. One of my favorites was at the end in one the interview rooms when she told the person that they would have front row seats. (A)

The Spy Who Wants Me
by Lucy Monroe Good read. Good characters, had one of my favorite hero types, the strong nerd. Not my favorite by her but I thought it was a nice solid read. (B-)

Reluctant Hearts
(Dragon Riders 2) by Marty Rayne (e-book) apparently I did not review the first book. Good series so far. In this world dragons protect the people from bad guys and big bad beasties. Each dragon has a rider that they bond with (mentally, psychically and sometimes physically), if the dragon dies, they will die. If they are supposed to bond with a dragon and refuse it, they will go insane. The dragons however live very long lives and can have many riders in the course of their life. fun fantasy story. This one is MF the first book was MMF. (B-)

Point of Distraction
(Book 2) by Cindy Jacks (e-book) review to come at Book Binge

Kiss of a Demon King
(Immortals After Dark Book 6) by Kresley Cole Fun read, I had been looking forward to this book for a long time. great addition to the series. sabine was a very fun character to watch, she definitely had her own code of ethics, which is a nice change. (A-)

Speed Dating
by Nancy Warren (e-book) This was one of the free e-books that harlequin was giving away for their anniversary. It was a sweet story. He mstakes her for his pretend girlfriend and she seems to be good luck fr him so asks her to travel the circuit with him until she starts her new job. They spend the next 12 weeks getting to know each other. they are a couple on camera and platonic friends off, but what do you do when one falls for the other one. Totally PG, they did not do anything until after the book was over. (B-)

Everlasting Bad Boys anthology by Shelley Laurenston, Cynthia Eden, Noelle Mack
They're bad boys--with that little something extra. Sexy, wild, out-of-this-world talents that can leave any woman feeling weak at the knees (among other body parts), they're the ones to call when you want pleasure that lasts...and lasts...

"Can't Get Enough" by Shelly Laurenston: Even for a dragon, Ailean the Wicked has a bad reputation. For 150 years he's been renowned for his fighting prowess, but now he's got a new conquest in mind--a gorgeous dragoness known as Shalin the Innocent. Ailean suspects she's anything but. And while he's saving her from her enemies, he plans to prove that, even in human form, a bad-boy dragon can show a girl a good time that's truly off the scale...

"Spellbound" by Cynthia Eden: No witch in her right mind would summon an immortal soul-hunter to her aid, but Serena Tyme needs Luis D'Amil's help to destroy the warlock who's stalking her coven. And she's willing to pay any price he names...especially when the tall, dark, sexy-as-hell assassin shows her he can work some sensual magic of his own...

"Turn Me On" by Noelle Mack: Finally, Beth Danforth has found a man who can flip her switch. That's because supersexy Justin Watts, CEO of SpectraSign, is literally made of light. His dazzling, custom-built body can't ever wear out. And talk about energy--Beth can't get enough of the guy. The sex is electrifying. The love will never fade away...


The first story was Ms Laurenston's and it lasted about half the book then the other two stories split the last half of the book.
The first story ("Can't Get Enough" by Shelly Laurenston) was about two dragon shifters in a fantasy world backdrop. I really enjoyed this one, but I love all her stuff. Great short story, fun, good storyline, good chemistry, good characters,very enjoyable read. Grade A

The second was Ms Eden's story, "Spellbound". I did not like this one as much, but it was a solid story. Grade B

The third story ("Turn Me On" by Noelle Mack) was my least favorite. I could not connect with the characters, they seemed very shallow. And I was not a big fan of the hero, he had no depth. He was good in bed and wealthy, but that was pretty much it. Grade D+

Labels: , , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Amy C on 3/08/2009 6:32 PM

Hi Kris, I hope every thing works out with your job. I've mentioned it on my blog a time or two, my husband lost his job due the economy. It sucks, but he's almost done with school. I can only hope our luck maintains itself.

On to better things :), that book, Reluctant Hearts sounds like it might be a good series to read. I'll have to look into it.

Comment by nath on 3/09/2009 9:39 AM

I'm keeping you in my thoughts :)

Happy you enjoyed Kiss of a Demon King and Promises in Death :)

Anonymous on 3/09/2009 9:30 PM

I hate that they are cutting our education system. Our children need to be smarter, not struggle with the basics. *sigh* But I won't get on my soapbox here. lol

Glad you enjoyed Reluctant Hearts.

Have a wonderful week.

Comment by Stacy~ on 3/13/2009 6:39 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes okay with the job. I have yet to get Lucy's latest. I am so, so behind on books. I need to get off the internet. Yeah right!

Post a Comment