August reads

9/03/2009 10:46:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sorry i have not been around, school and kids are running me ragged so I have not been online. And I racked up a fine on my library account so I cannot check out books from the library which totally sucks (no money to pay the fine at the moment). But on the bright side, I forces me to read from my tbr pile, which is a good thing. The thing that just irks me is the waiting lists that I have been on where I was like 110thin line for the book and now i am 10th and am probably gong to have to re-request it once I get my fine paid and start over on the list. oh well. I have plenty to read.
Moviewise, Hubby and I have been making our way through the Robin Hood BBC series, and really enjoying it. We watched a strange movie last night called Blueberry Nights. It was slow but interesting. Good cast, Jude law, Norah Jones, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz. I was expecting a movie kind of like Elizabethtown, but this one was kind of like that but not as good. Norah Jones met Jude Law in a cafe that he runs and they become friends. she leaves to travel and "find herself" and meets Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz along the way, who teach each her a different lesson and then she ends up back in NY with Jude Law and more of a solid person instead of the basket case she started out as. interesting but a little slow. 3 out of 5

Well, here is my reading list for this month, 25 books for August.


Hot Pursuit
(Troubleshooters Book 14) by Suzanne Brockmann
Inferno (Tales of the Were book 2) by Bianca D'Arc
Animal Instincts by Gena Showalter
Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles Book 4) by Cheryl Brooks
The Marquis (Gypsy legacy Book 1) by Denise Patrick
The Duke (Gypsy legacy Book 2) by Denise Patrick
Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle (review for Book Binge)
Huntress anthology (reviewed for Book Binge)
Kill For Me (series book 9) by Karen Rose
Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray (review for Book Binge)
Vision in White (Brides Book 1) by Nora Roberts
Out of the Dark by JoAnn Smith Ainsworth
Don't Tell (series book 1) by Karen Rose
Ghostland by Jory Strong
Not Another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson
Salt and Silver by Anna Katherine
Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates Book 1) by Bianca D'Arc (re-read)
Davin's Quest (Resonance Mates Book 2) by Bianca D'Arc (re-read)
Jaci's Experiment (Resonance Mates Book 3) by Bianca D'Arc (re-read)
Bending the Rules by Susan Andersen
I Can See You (series book 10) by Karen Rose
Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling Book 6) by Nalini Singh
Laid Bare by Lauren Dane
At Love's Command (Brothers in Arms book 3) by Samantha Kane
Love Under Seige (Brothers in Arms book 2) by Samantha Kane (re-read)

Labels: , , , ,

7 comments:

Comment by Jill D. on 9/05/2009 8:29 PM

Wow, 25 books!!! That is crazy Kris. No wonder why you don't have time to blog, your to busy reading! Hee hee!

That totally sucks about your library. I just finally got Club Dead, the third Sookie book from the library. I was on the wait list from hell for that one. I know how those wait lists can be!

I see you read quite a few Karen Rose books. How did you like Don't Tell? I was quite impressed by it.

Comment by Christine on 9/07/2009 1:09 AM

TWENTY-FIVE BOOKS?!

*faints*

Seriously, that must feel good to have accomplished so much. Did you put a nice dent into your TBR?

Comment by Tracy on 9/08/2009 6:59 PM

Great list!

How did you like books 2 and 3 in the Resonance Mates books. I see those are re-reads for you. I liked the first one ok and I think I actually bought the 2nd (I'll have to double check that) when it came out but haven't read it. It was almost TOO much sex for me. I can't believe I just wrote that but I did! lol

Did you like the BIA's books by Samantha Kane? I love those.

Comment by Kris on 9/08/2009 7:37 PM

Hey Jill - I have already lost about three books i had on hold. I really like Karen Rose, she writes great romantic suspense.

Christine - I am working on it, but still have a couple from the library that are not due yet.

tracy - I really like the RM series. The fourth book just came out and is about Grady Prime. I The BIA books are very hot too. I was happy to read At Love's Command because i loved watching Derek fall. Cannot wait to read kate's niece's story (cannot think of her name at the moment).

Comment by Tracy on 9/09/2009 6:09 PM

So are all the RM books 4 on 1?

Comment by Kris on 9/09/2009 6:30 PM

you mean 3 on 1, no. the other two are two guys and one girl. Davin is an "alien" and human with a human female (one of the O'Hara kids). and Jaci is a "alien' female with two human cousins. not sure about the latest book, have not gotten to get it yet.

Comment by Tracy on 9/15/2009 2:34 PM

Yep, 3 on 1 that's what I meant - sorry. :) I'll have to see what I have and check them out. :)

Post a Comment