July Reads

7/31/2010 06:16:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Wow, I did a lot of reading this month. I will say though that about a quarter of those were ebooks that were 100 pages or less. Broke down and started the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews this month and plowed through all the books they were great!
I also read two manga series (one is still ongoing) this month. Silver Diamond was excellent. I am eagerly awaiting the next volume of that one.

On the homefront, things are going well, on the job front, not so well. My position at my school was cut and I have been job hunting. I found out about two weeks ago that there was something that i had to do online to apply that I did not know about. I did not know that I had to do that as an already employee, so that has hindered my job hunting. I had been handing out resumes but the schools could not do anything with them because I had not signed up for the position online, so they ignored my resume. Sucky stuff. But still looking and teachers are supposed to go back in two weeks, I am worried.

Magic Bites (Magic Book 1) by Ilona Andrews
Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica book 4) by Larissa Ione
Magic Burns (Magic Book 2) by Ilona Andrews
Edge of Hunger (Edge Book 1) by Rhiannon Byrd
Magic Strikes (Magic Book 3) by Ilona Andrews
Bonds of Justice (Psy/Changeling Book 9) by Nalini Singh
Must Love Hellhounds anthology (only read Ilona Andrews and Nalini Singh stories)
Insatiable (Federation Book 3) by Lauren Dane
Beast Behaving Badly by Shelley Laurenston
Silver Diamond manga series 1-6 by Shiho Sugiura
Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors) by Marisa Chenery (ebook)
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamer Book 1) by Rachel Vincent
Colter's Wife by Maya Banks (ebook)
Coin Operated Boy by Bryl R. Tyne (ebook)
MayDay by Bryl R. Tyne (ebook)
Once Bitten Twice Dead (Zombie book 1) by Bianca D'Arc
Eternal Hunger (Night Watch Book 1) by Cynthia Eden
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Heiber
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels Book 4) by Ilona Andrews
Bad Girl Bridesmaids anthology by Susanna Carr
Changing Perspective by Marilu Mann (free ebook from Ellora's Cave)
On the Edge (Edge Book 1) by Ilona Andrews
Deadly Fear (Deadly Book 1) by Cynthia Eden
Coach Me (Gridiron Book 4) by Ann Jacobs (ebook) (review for Book Binge)
Destiny Star (Star Book 3) by Elizabeth Vaughan
Feral Heat (Untamed Hearts Book 1) by Jenna Byrnes and Jude Mason (ebook)
Old Friends by Constance Day-O'Flannery (DNF)
Desire Climax (manga series) by Ayane Ukyō

A whopping 34 books this month (plus one DNF), whoo hoo! I think that is my record for a month and almost all of them were really good.
My favorite books: Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews and Insatiable by Lauren Dane
Least favorite: Old Friends by Constance Day-O'Flannery

Labels: , , , , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Lori on 7/31/2010 6:41 PM

Holy cow, you read a lot of books this month!

I'm so sorry about the job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Comment by Jill D. on 7/31/2010 7:33 PM

Kris - I am so sorry about the job. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hopefully, things will work out for you.

I am glad to hear you like Ilona Andrews. I want to give On the Edge a try because I enjoyed her Kate Daniel's series so much

Comment by Kris on 7/31/2010 9:03 PM

Thanks Lori :)

Thank you Jill :) On the Edge was good but I liked the Kate Daniels books more at the moment, but maybe that will change as more books come out in the series.

Comment by nath on 8/01/2010 11:11 PM

Wow, that's a lot of reading... even if some were 100 pages only. Seriously, Kris!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Silver Diamond and the Kate Daniels :P Now I feel a bit bad though about Silver Diamond as it's going to be a long series...

Post a Comment