Davin's Quest

10/02/2008 08:13:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, work is kicking my butt at the moment. They cut my counter part at school and have doubled up my classes in K-3rd. So I have two classes at the same time and they have given me a aide to help. It is not going too badly, but I am so worn out. Kindergarten was scaring me, but I think that we have worked out a workable solution. I have the classes two at a time, but it is staggered because of the previous schedule. So one day I have classes A and B and the next day I have classes B and C, and the next, C and D etc. So that make lessons not ideal because I cannot build on the lessons they way I wish. They say that it is probably only for the semester then they can try to make it better in January. By then I will be used to it, I hope, and it will not matter. It is just difficult adjusting, it is a new challenge. Okay i am done with my whining.

The kids are all doing well. The baby is growing like a weed. She is up to 14 lbs. The middle one is amazing her daycare teacher with her energy and ability to lie. The oldest is doing very well in school and getting ready for soccer to start. They all impress me and stress me everyday, it is great. :) I hope that everyone is doing well.



Davin's QuestDavin's Quest (Resonance Mates Book 2) by Bianca D'Arc

Which man will Callie choose, the alien or the warrior? Or can she have both?

For each Alvian, there is one perfect match—a Resonance Mate whose soul blends in perfect harmony. Unlike the rest of his race, Davin has emotions and suffers for it. Without a mate, he is doomed to go mad. Searching for answers and understanding, he seeks out Callie O’Hara, a human woman with strong empathic gifts. Could this fragile human be his Resonance Mate?

Rick St. John is a tough-as-nails survivor of the Alvian occupation of Earth. He doesn’t believe in much, but when he sees Callie for the first time, he starts to believe in love at first sight.

The Governing Council is gunning for Davin, the upstart who dares to defy them. And they’ll kill anyone who gets in their way. Davin and Rick must come to terms with their feelings for Callie in order to keep her safe, while she has to find a way to save them both... with her love.

Good addition to the series. The storyline seemed to go by quickly and was very entertaining. I think i still liked the first book (Hara's Legacy, which I am now realizing that i never wrote about) more, but this one was good too. I cannot wait for Harry's story.

Labels: , , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Stacy~ on 10/03/2008 7:56 AM

Wow, I'm tired just hearing your schedule, and I don't have a family to take care on top of that, either. Hang in there Kris. And I don't think you're whining at all. For that, go to my blog *g*

Aw, I love hearing about the kids. You sound so happy - just the way it should be.

I've had such a time concentrating on reading. I'm not in a slump, just distracted. Lots going on this month. I think I need a day off.

Comment by Christine on 10/03/2008 11:37 PM

I love hearing the little tidbits of your life in your posts, Kris! I'm so glad the girls are doing well. Except for the lying part... but it still sounds normal to me! :)

I've never read D'Arc's books... but always thought her premises and covers were great!

Comment by Rowena on 10/04/2008 11:21 PM

Wow, that's a pretty crazy schedule you have there. I can imagine the kind of adjustment you had to go through with that many different classes to teach, I've got my fingers crossed for you sweets!=)

Comment by Holly on 10/05/2008 4:15 AM

Wow, what a crazy schedule. I hope things settle down and you finally adjust to the schedule. Yuck.

Dude, the baby is HUGE already. LOL 14lbs?

Middle is lying? My oldest does that. Makes me want to beat her.

Post a Comment