My weekend

10/12/2008 07:15:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

My weekend was very fun until this morning. My sister turned 18 this weekend and for her b-day she wanted to go to Medieval Times which is a dinner theater like thing. She went before for her 10th b-day and wanted to go again. They serve dinner that you have to eat medieval style (i.e. with your fingers) and they have a show where they joust and sword fight and stuff. It was her, two friends and her boyfriend and me, Hubby and our oldest. We all had a blast. Though I think Hubby and I had more fun watching our oldest watch the show than us watching the show. Then yesterday we had a big family pic done (my parents, his parents, my sis and us) then went out to eat. That was a lot of fun too.
Now here comes the bad part. Oldest came in my room this morning about 5:30 and said she had to go to the bathroom. I took her in and then she proceeded to throw up. Yuck. So I clean her up and the area up then sent her back to bed with a bucket next to her bed. It has been wash, rinse and repeat every 15 minutes since then. Poor thing. Now though from cleaning all this up, I am starting to feel ill, but I do not know if it is from the thought and smell or that I am also getting what she has. I should probably start making some sub plans for tomorrow, just in case.
I hope everyone's weekend is going as well as mine started out.

Update: Oldest is doing much much better. She stayed home today just in case, but has been doing better since yesterday afternoon. Thank you for your concerns. :)

P.S. guess what i got in the mail yesterday (that I just took out today :P )

An ARC of Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis. I am so excited I cannot wait to start it.

Labels:

8 comments:

Comment by Holly on 10/12/2008 3:45 PM

I LOVE Medieval Times. I've only been once or twice, but it was so much. I'm glad you had a good time and I bet watching your oldest was a blast.I really want to take my kids not that they're older and can enjoy it more.

I'm SOOO sorry to hear she's sick, though. I HATE it when my kids are sick like that. Ugh. I really hope you aren't getting it as well. :(

We don't have school tomorrow. It's closed for Columbus Day, though they call it teacher in service.


Hope you all get well soon!

Comment by Bev(QB) on 10/12/2008 5:13 PM

Oh man, that sucks. But try and convince her it wasn't from what she ate at Medieval Times. At least, it's my understanding that food poisonings wouldn't take that long to let themselves be known.

My oldest son came down with the flu about an hour after eating mashed potatoes and gravy. And it WAS the flu-- it lasted for days. Anyway, he was about 5 or 6 then and he's almost 22 now and has never eaten mashed potatoes and gravy since then because, against all logic, he was/is convinced that that is what made him sick.

We always seem to be on vacation for my youngest daughter's birthday, so on the actual day we let her pick what activity we will all do. One year she picked the Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach. It WAS kinda fun and all the kids really enjoyed it.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed that you don't end up sick too. Nothing worse than trying to take care of a sick kid when you are sick yourself.

Comment by Jill D. on 10/13/2008 6:37 AM

Oh dear, I hope your little ones don't all get sick too. What a mess.

I haven't ever been to Medieval Times. I would like to go at some point in my lifetime :)

Comment by Rowena on 10/13/2008 2:12 PM

I love Medieval Times too, I took my BFF there for her 24th birthday cause that's where she was dying to go. It's such a fun place to go and cheer on your knight!

That really sucks about your oldest being sick though.

My kids are in school, they were out of school last week so I can't complain too much...but I want to. =)

Comment by Bev(QB) on 10/13/2008 3:08 PM

YOO-HOO... KRIS...

http://cubiesconfections.blogspot.com/2008/10/lurve-is-in-air.html

Comment by Christine on 10/13/2008 8:38 PM

Ugh! Poor kid. I hate stomach bugs. Poor Kris. I hate cleaning everything because of stomach bugs. The good news is that they don't usually last more than a day or two. Per person. And no two people the same day. Okay, never mind... there's no good news.

My girls were off from school today, too. On Columbus Day for teacher in-service day. Apparently NJ and CA had the same idea. ;p

Bev :: My girls both came down with a stomach bug hours after making and eating homemade soft pretzels at a girl scout meeting. They both still gag over the thought of soft pretzels.

Comment by Kris on 10/13/2008 9:33 PM

We had a blast at Medieval Times.

Unfortunately we were supposed to have this Friday off for Columbus Day, but it became a makeup day from Hurricane Fay.

bev - Thank you so much, that is cool :) Thankfully she has not connected it with any specific food. I think it is because it started the morning after so she is not connecting it with the night before.

So far none of the rest of us are sick. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Comment by nath on 10/14/2008 10:23 PM

Ohhhh, we enjoyed the Medieval Times when we went!! :)

So sorry to hear your oldest is sick. Hope she feels better and you don't catch whatever she has!

Post a Comment