Jaci's Experiment and Destiny

11/14/2008 10:01:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, today is my b-day. Had a nice day. Hubby took me (and the littles) out for pizza. Had a good day at school and my mom is taking me shopping tomorrow. I am doing well :) Especially if she takes me to Borders, then I will be ecstatic. I am going to spend time with Hubby and then go to sleep. Have great night everyone :)

  • Jaci's Experiment Jaci's Experiment (Resonance Mates Book 3) by Bianca D'Arc
As a young Alvian lab tech, Jaci knows her place in the orderly, emotionless society her race has established on the planet Earth. While preparing a batch of experimental skin patches, she is accidentally exposed to a gene-altering agent. In a matter of days, she’s assaulted with raw, primitive, forbidden emotions she has no clue how to handle. If her superiors find out, she’s a dead woman.
Her only hope is to seek help from the human test subjects held captive in pens below the city.

Before the aliens came, cousins Mike and Dave used their psychic abilities to their advantage in business dealings. Now they use them to stay alive, keeping a sharp telepathic eye out for ways to help themselves and others improve their lot... or escape. Their friendship with Jaci has always been more than simply captives and caretaker. Now that her DNA has changed, their shared resonance is the stuff of legend.

Inevitably, Jaci’s emotions expose her to deadly Alvian justice. Suddenly she’s in the race of her life, seeking the only safety she’s ever known... in the arms of her human Resonance Mates

I am loving this series (Hara's Legacy, Davin's Quest and this one). Her books are sweet and very hot. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. This was a great addition to the series and probably my favorite so far. There was alot more storyline to it than in the others IMO. It helps to read the others before this one because the characters are reoccurring.


Destiny (Rogue Angel Book 1) by Alex Archer
An ancient order tied to the Vatican... A blood fortune buried in the caves of France... A conspiracy of power, greed and darkest evil... Archaeologist and explorer Annja Creed's fascination with the myths and mysteries of the past leads her to a crypt in the caves of France, where the terrifying legend of the Beast of Gevaudan hints at the unimaginable. What she discovers is shattering: an artifact that will seal her destiny; a brotherhood of monks willing to murder to protect their secret; and a powerful black-market occultist desperate to put his own claim to centuries-old blood money. Annja embarks on a high-tension race across Europe and history itself, intent on linking the unholy treachery of the ages with the staggering revelations of the present. But she must survive the shadow figures determined to silence her threat to their existence.

This book was interesting. I had heard good things about it but never got around to trying it. She is basically a female Indiana Jones. She travels around the world trying to prove/disprove legends and other historically fascinating things. I thought that it was a fun book, lots of action and a great heroine. I read someone describing this book as having a multi-layered plot and that is a great description for it. I was trying to tell Hubby about the plot line and had a hard time telling it coherently because it was so complex to explain in a quick synopsis with out it sounding hokey.
I did not realize until I started looking at the series more, how many books there already are in the series. There are 12 out so far. Did not realize that when i decided to try this series. Don't know if I have the will to start another series. It was a good story but I am not sure if I will continue the series.

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 11/15/2008 10:20 AM

Happy, Happy, (Belated) Birthday, Kris!!!

Comment by Stacy~ on 11/24/2008 9:13 AM

Belated happy birthday Kris! Sorry I missed it.

Post a Comment