Mercury's War and Happy Thanksgiving

11/26/2008 01:24:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, still swollen and can't talk well, Thanksgiving will be interesting. I hope that everyone has a great holiday and remembers the reason for holiday, to be thankful for what we have been given. I am thankful for so many things and thank God everyday for all He has given me.

Thank you to all my blog friends out there for listening to my rants and supporting me through my pregnancy and excellent book recommendations. Have a great holiday. Remember on holidays there are no calories :)

I took a trip to my ubs and got a few books:
Master by Colette Gale (Erotic retelling of the Count of Monte Cristo - excellent book)
The Art of Desire by Cherie Feather
Nauti Dreams by Lora Leigh
Veiled Truth by Vivi Anna (Nocturne that was very good)


Mercury's War (Breeds Book 16) by Lora Leigh

Someone has been slipping the Sanctuary’s secure information to a pharmaceutical company. Now it’s up to Ria Rodriguez to pose as a clerk and uncover the leak. Yet she has no idea of the danger she’s about to encounter—or the passion she’s about to ignite in one of the greatest Breeds ever created.

This is one of my new favorites in this series. The heat between Mercury and Ria was, wow. I love the storyline and how they got together. I loved that it was not the typical mating heat like in the other books. There was a lot to love about this book.
Mercury was created specifically to have more feline DNA than the other Breeds so he looks more feline than the other Breeds. When he was in the labs he found his mate and then lost her when she was killed on a mission. So he is faced with the knowledge that his mate is gone and he will be alone. So when he meets Ria and the sparks fly, it is just lust right? Mother Nature has other ideas.
Like I said the storyline was awesome, it kept me guessing and kept me very engrossed. I am anxious to see what will happen with Ely and still haven't decided whether to like Jonas or hate him. We will see. Can't wait for the next book, Coyote's Mate.

Labels: ,

1 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 11/30/2008 7:27 PM

Oh YUK! I sure hope you feel better soon, Kris!

I've had Mercury's War sitting around for awhile now. The previous book, Dawn's Awakening, was such a disappointment that I've been relectant to start this one for fear that it will be as bad. But I recently decided to bite the bullet and it's next in my queue. Now, with your review, I'm a little less reluctant to start it.

Post a Comment