Master

12/01/2008 12:44:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Master (An Erotic Novel of the Count of Monte Cristo) by Colette Gale
Edmond Dantes spent years imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. Now free, he has returned to Paris in the guise of the powerful Count of Monte Cristo seeking vengeance on those who sent him to jail. But his plan also includes a different kind of revenge on the woman he has never forgotten, the lover he has made it his mission to possess.

Mercedes Herrera was devastated when the man she loved disappeared. Trapped in a loveless marriage, her passions are reignited by Edmond's return. She alone sees through his disguise...but this harsh, angry man sends chills down her spine even as his very touch reminds her of the passion they once shared. She realizes soon enough that his plan to avenge himself on the men who incarcerated him also includes another sort of revenge...on her.

From the seaside town of Marseille, to the exotic caves of Monte Cristo Isle, unfolds an erotic battle of wills in the most electrifying game of love ever played between man and woman, between master and slave.

Great erotic romance. I have not read the original story nor have I seen the movie, but I definitely want to now. I very much enjoyed this book. And I am not a huge reader of historicals. But I really liked this one. If you are squeamish at all or are not used to erotic books you might was to think about it first. There is some voyeurism and ff (not the heroine) in the story. The storyline was excellent, though I wanted to hit the hero occasionally, it was all in love. The characters were easy to follow and empathize with.

Can't wait for her next book. Ms Gale is doing an erotic retelling of my favorite characters, Robin Hood. It is called Bound by Honor and come out May of 2009, can't wait!!!!

Labels:

3 comments:

Comment by nath on 12/02/2008 11:39 AM

Sounds interesting :D

LOL, funny how suddenly, there's so many Robin Hood's stories...

Comment by Stacy~ on 12/04/2008 6:31 AM

I read "Unmasqued" and it was okay, so I never picked this one up. I do want to read the Robin Hood book though, so maybe I'll grab this one too.

Comment by Holly on 12/04/2008 4:21 PM

Wasn't this one fabulous? I loved it. I can't believe you haven't read the original or seen the movie. Sooo good. Course, the original ends differently...

Post a Comment