Instant Attraction

12/07/2008 02:24:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, tomorrow (Monday) Hubby starts staying home with the little ones. He was not making enough with what he was doing to justify daycare, too expensive. So he said that he would stay home and take care of them and try to do some web design work to make some cash to balance things out. He also is promising to do some of the things around the house that he has not had time to do (i.e. put the extra shelf up on the IKEA bookshelves we have had for a while now). I am very excited about that.
If you pray, please keep my father in your prayers he was laid off from his job this week. He works construction and had been with the company for over 20 years but he has recently had some health issues and with the economy, he got cut. But he still has to work and cannot exactly go run out to get another construction job with his health and age.

The girls are all growing like weeds. Baby is getting huge (3 weeks ago she was 16.5 lbs) and has the sweetest disposition. The other two hover so much. Every time she makes a sound they rush to her side, it is very cute, (and occasionally annoying especially when she is sleeping and they wake her up in their enthusiasm.
I hope that everyone is staying sane during the holidays.


Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl—working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn’t fit in anywhere. That’s all she wants. Well, that—and amazing sex, and the kind of daredevil escapade she can look back on when she’s crunching numbers in a dusty cubicle. Which explains why she just took a job in Wishful, California, working for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. Waking up to find a magnificently built stranger towering over her bed—that part defies explanation…

After wandering the planet for months following a life-changing accident, Cameron Wilder has come back to the only home he knows. Under other circumstances, he might be thrilled to find a gorgeous woman sleeping in his cabin, but now, while he’ll risk his body taking clients on adrenaline-drenched excursions, his heart is off limits. Still, Katie’s killer smile triggers something deep in his gut…among other places. Showing her how exhilarating it can be to stop balancing her life as if it was a checkbook is the biggest rush he’s ever felt—and an adventure Katie’s wishing would never end...

I was sooooo excited to get an advanced copy of this book, I love her stuff. This was a great book. Funny and sexy is how I label Ms Shalvis's books, they are all great. If you enjoyed her previous trilogy then you will love these as well.
Katie takes a job that deals with adventure, specifically to try to get herself out of a boring rut that is her life. She has survived a traumatic experience that makes her want to live her life to the fullest. Cameron went from the other extreme to where she was, it was like they switched places. He lived his life hard everyday and then had an accident and has not been living it since. He returns to his family's wilderness adventure business after a year of pouting and moping around after his accident. Katie is there as a temp accountant. She took the job hoping to get up the nerve to participate in some of the adventures. Her heart and exuberance begin to inspire him to start living his again.
This book releases January 27 and you can pre-order now it at Amazon here.

I also have a review posted at Book Binge here

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by nath on 12/08/2008 11:41 AM

Hey Kris!!

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope that everything is going to be okay and that you will all ride it out :)

and so cool about the baby :D that's great that she has a sweet disposition :)

Comment by Stacy~ on 12/08/2008 1:47 PM

Hey Kris! I hope things go well with hubby being home. It will be nice if he can get all that stuff done.

I'll be praying that your dad finds a job. I know how awful it's been for everyone, so I hope this doesn't affect his health too much, and that he can enjoy the holidays.

Your girls sound amazing. I'm so happy they are all happy and healthy.

Oh yeah, I have Jill's book, just have to read it. I wanted to wait a little closer to the release date, but I don't think I can hold off much longer!

Comment by Rowena on 12/08/2008 5:40 PM

Hey you!

I'm sorry to hear about your family and everything, that really sucks. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

I read and loved this book whole bunches too, I'm not going to review it until closer to the release date though. I want to create lots and lots of buzz for this book, I loved it that much!

Comment by Kris on 12/10/2008 8:02 PM

Thanks everyone.

nath - yes she is so sweet, it is so much fun to play with her.

stacy - He is enjoying it so far. The book was so fun, read soon :)

Wena - THanks. I was going to wait, but I got impatient.

Post a Comment