Sweeter than Wine

12/10/2008 05:46:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Hello all. Things are still going here. Hubby is enjoying staying home with the kids, so far anyway. they baked cookies yesterday. They turned out well. I am so glad that he can cook. One of the reasons I married him. I cannot cook. I can make dinner, but I cannot cook. He made a great dinner the other night. We had BBQ chicken, cut up potatoes that he had covered in olive oil and rosemary and baked, and buttered corn for our veggie. Yummy!


Sweeter Than Wine by Bianca D'Arc
An abused woman has the power to unite werefolk, fey and vampire against an evil that would see them all dead if she can learn to love again. Christy lies near death after a brutal beating by her estranged husband. Her preternatural friends reach a desperate conclusion: The only way to save her is to turn her. Sebastian steps forward to take on the burden of being her Maker. For him its no burden at all. She draws him as no other woman has for centuries. With the help of a werecougar friend, Sebastian teaches Christy about her new life and abilities, making certain she is as strong as he can make her. Only then can she face her abusive ex-husband and put her old life behind her. But Christy's ex-husband is involved in something more dangerous than any of them had guessed. Vampire, were, and even a fey knight must work together to put an end to the threatening evil. To overcome her past, help keep the darkness at bay, and fight for a new life with Sebastian, Christy must draw on all of her new-found strength. Will it be enough?

This book comes after Lords of the Were. The storyline was good. I would have liked to see a little more with the ex-husband. The story moved well and did not leave me bored at any point. Though there are menage scenes, this is not a menage book. The love scenes were very hot.
If you liked Lords of the Were then you will like this one as well.

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

Comment by ~ames~ on 12/11/2008 12:08 AM

I like BD but I hadn't checked this out yet. Now I will!

I hope to find a man too one day that will cook for me. LOL

Comment by Bev(QB) on 12/15/2008 8:44 PM

I have vowed that one day I WILL buy and read her Lords of the Were. Of course, I've been saying that for a couple of years now. But I WILL, dammit!

That is so cool that your husband can step in and take over at home. Has it been hard giving up control? I mean, as Moms, we usually set the policies, but since he's the one with them at home every day, he gets to make decisions all on his own now. EEK! lol. But has that been hard to deal with for YOU? I know I'd be constantly saying "WHY would you do that?!"

Comment by Holly on 12/16/2008 1:21 PM

I'm so jealous of your hubby who cooks. Mine considers heating up water in the microwave for Easy Mac cooking. :(

Comment by Stacy~ on 12/24/2008 6:46 AM

Hey Kris, happy holidays to you and your family :)

Post a Comment