July reads and my library

8/01/2009 08:27:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

This month was a pretty good month 26 books including 7 re-reads. But alas my summer is almost over and that means I have to go back to work and cut down on my reading, sad stuff. But I got Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann from the library yesterday and am starting that today so things are very nice at the moment.
I was talking to Casee about Hot Pursuit she said that she was waiting for it from the library. Now i get a good portion of my books from the library because I am blessed with my library system. It is awesome and the more people that I talk to about their libraries makes me appreciate mine even more. I can have up to 20 requests at a time ( but starting today they are lowering that to 10), they will deliver free to my house if I so choose or I can pick them up at a branch, the get tons of romance and lots of copies of the bigger names. I also just discovered that I can check out ebooks from them as well. the titles are all ones that have been released in mass market but is another option instead of waiting to get the book. So far they have like 350 romance titles. Exciting. I will say that I live in a very populated county so I think that has a lot to do with it but I think it is also very well run and organized. I will hate it if I ever have to move out of county.
Women of Catawba
by Hilda Stahl Winds of Catawba by Laurie StahlMaverick by Lora Leigh
Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy
Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breeds book 6) by Lara Adrian
Kissing Midnight by Emma Holly
Breaking Midnight by Emma Holly
Burning Wild by Christine Feehan
Storm Glass by Maria Snyder
Breath of Fire by Tammy Kane
Deadly Desires by (Riley Jensen Book 7) by Keri Arthur
Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake book 6) by Kerrelyn Sparks
Promises Revealed (Promises Book 4) by Sarah McCarty
Burn by Linda Howard
Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters Book 7) by Christine Feehan
Forbidden Nights with a Vampire (Love at Stake Book 7) by Kerrelyn Sparks
Double Play by Jill Shalvis
Lords of the Were by Bianca D'Arc (re-read)
Sweeter than Wine by Bianca D'Arc (re-read)
Mates anthology by by Sean Michael, Julia Talbot and BA Tortuga
My Wicked Enemy by Carolyn Jewel
Psy-Changeling series (books 1-5) by Nalini Singh (re-read)

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 comments:

Comment by nath on 8/03/2009 11:03 AM

Wow, 26!! I'm sooo jealous!!

What did you think of Storm Glass?!? Sea Glass is coming out soon :) Can't wait!

Comment by ~ames~ on 8/03/2009 5:44 PM

I wish I could read that much during one month. But July was a good month for me too. Around 18 books. :P

Comment by Casee on 8/04/2009 4:07 PM

I'm still jealous that you got Hot Pursuit already. I'm still waiting for my library to decide whether they're even going to order it.

Comment by Tracy on 8/07/2009 11:49 AM

You read some great book this past month! How did you like the Emma Holly books? I have those to read for The Book Binge and I'm wondering if they're my type. :)

Btw - I gave you an award on my blog. :)

Comment by Kris on 8/08/2009 6:12 PM

nath - I really enjoyed Storm Glass, I thought it had a very good storyline. she gets great covers for her books

ames - The only reason I read so much was I am out of school for the summer and my kids play pretty well together and give me down time.

casee - lol, it was good story but I wanted more romance.

Tracy - I am working on a review for those for them too :) the first two have to be read back to back, it ends on a cliffhanger. They were decent but not my favorite by her. But i think i was expecting more sex scenes than I got.

Comment by Christine on 8/10/2009 11:11 AM

Wow, that's a lot of reading! I'm impressed! ... especially with all the little ones home from school and running afoot! LOL

I see that you're up to date with the Riley Jensen series. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to get back into that series. I think I have almost all of the releases, but need to pick back up on book 4, I think.

How did you like Wicked Enemy by Carolyn Jewel? I have it on my TBR and am curious for some feedback.

Comment by Kris on 8/10/2009 1:35 PM

Christine - The Riley Jensen was good. I get them from the library.
I enjoyed My Wicked Enemy, I thought it had a good plot and great characters.

Post a Comment