Embarrassing but Funny moments

6/24/2010 10:26:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I decided to post this here because they were too funny not to share and they are book related in a way.

First incident happened a last month. I get a call at my school from my daughter's school saying that my oldest daughter had brought something to school that she said I told her she could bring but that they were not school appropriate. I have a bin that I have on my bookshelf with other coverflats, bookmarks, keychains and other such stuff.
I had gotten, with a bunch of other book promo stuff in a contest, a set of feathered handcuffs to promote a story that had them in it. Do you see where this is going...? I had totally forgotten they were even in there. I was so embarrassed. The office worker was quick to say she did not need any explanations but just wanted to know what I wanted her to do with them. If you can imagine I am beet red at this point. I told her they were a gag gift and that she could toss them. I was ready to strangle my oldest daughter. We had a very long talk after school that day.


The other incident happened this week while I was at the library looking for books to bring with me on vacation. (Afterwards I discovered my library lets you check out ebooks and I was set.) Well this story is about my youngest baby girl who will be 2 next month. She is talking well with some words and some words I am still trying to interpret what she wants. I was in the romance paperback section and trying to look at books and keep her from grabbing books off the shelf at the same time. When all of a sudden she cries out (in a volume that 2 years olds pull off so well because they have no concept of whispering) and points, "Boobie, boobie" and I do a double take and to figure out what she is saying and what she is pointing at. She does it again and I move her stroller in the direction she is pointing at to see if I can correct what she is saying. But no in fact she was pointing to a cover that she saw that looks similar to this
and she put her finger directly on his chest.
I decided it was time to leave the library at that point.

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Lori on 6/25/2010 12:22 AM

Oh my goodness. Sorry, but I'm laughing so hard. Out of the mouths of babes. They have no shame. Enjoy every minute of it!

Comment by nath on 6/25/2010 9:45 PM

Wow, I can't believe that your youngest is going to be 2 already! Yikes, I feel very old Kris!

But LOL, adorable :D

Comment by Holly on 6/29/2010 12:11 AM

HAHAH! That's freaking hilarious. Especially the handcuffs. SO FUNNY!

Sorry, but I'm with Lori. lol

Comment by ~ames~ on 7/01/2010 10:28 PM

LMAO!! Too funny about the handcuffs. :P

Post a Comment