Blood Secrets

3/09/2007 07:10:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Blood Secrets (Silhouette Nocturne)Blood Secrets by Vivi Anna

I really enjoyed this book. I am a big CSI fan so that made this book a must get. It was like watching a dangerous Grissholm get together with a not-annoying Sara. The story takes place in a city called Necropolis. After weres and vamps came "out of the closet" the human population freaked and the basically built them their own city to live in, but they are not supposed to leave. It actually makes me think of a reservation for non-humans. But the city has everything that any other city has, big buildings, an interesting assortment of food, rich people, poor people, crime and politicians. Humans are not allowed in and others are not allowed out (unless they have permission, or a permit or something). But this is an interesting world and I am interested in seeing other books she sets there.

Caine Valorian and his Otherworld Crime Unit crack all the unusual cases before any humans take notice. When a young woman is found ritualistically murdered it's his team of professionals with paranormal gifts who must stop the nameless evil stalking the streets. But the toughest case of Caine's 200-year career gets even harder when a new member, Eve Grant, is assigned to their unit. Not only is she green and eager to impress, she's human.

As they sink deeper into the workings of the case, Caine's attraction to the alluring Eve is causing his blood to boil. And with war brewing between species, the all-consuming passion between a human and a vampire won't be the only thing to spill on the city's mean streets.—

Labels: ,

7 comments:

Comment by Marg on 3/09/2007 5:18 PM

This sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for the review.

Comment by reviewer on 3/11/2007 4:52 PM

It does sound good!

I have been seeing a lot of books with 'blood' in the title. I read one recently, plus I bought one called Blood Moon yesterday. I know I have at least one other book with the word blood in my tbr.

Comment by Jenster on 3/11/2007 5:38 PM

I think I'm going to borrow this from Cigi. I love CSI, also, and I've heard very good things about this book.

Comment by Kris on 3/11/2007 9:40 PM

marg, no problem, thanks for stopping by.

chantal, Yeah, there are I think it is the paranormal influx, since blood is in a lot of vampire and werewolf books. Let me know how Blood Moon is, it sounds interesting.

jen, I hope you like it.

Comment by nath on 3/12/2007 9:45 AM

this book sounds really interesting. hopefully for me, it'll be available at my bookstore!

Comment by reviewer on 3/12/2007 10:53 AM

I'll be sure to post about it after I have read it. No idea when that will be because I have several ahead of it in my tbr.
This is some info about it though..
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/t/dawn-thompson/blood-moon.htm

Comment by Kris on 3/12/2007 2:24 PM

nath, I hope that you like it. :)

chantal, thanks for the info, it sounds interesting. I just popped over to my library's site and found out that they have it so I am requesting it, thank you. :)

Post a Comment