Stolen Magic

7/22/2006 08:41:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Stolen Magic Stolen Magic by M. J. Putney

I saw this book at Wally world and was curious, I had not read anything by Ms Putney yet. I found this book at the library and am very happy that I did, now I need to go find the first one and buy them. The first book is called Kiss of Fate and the characters from that book come back in this one, so I am anxious to read their story. I these stories she has brought a secret world of wizards to historical England (I believe it is the early 1800s but I am not positive).

Lord Drayton is a Guardian who goes rogue, and Simon Malmain, the earl of Falconer, must stop him. Lord Drayton transforms Simon into a unicorn, planning to murder him and increase his own power with the magic of the unicorn's horn. He uses Meg, his homely, simpleminded ward, as bait; but the virgin and the unicorn escape, and, lo and behold, when their blood mixes, Simon returns to his human form and Meg turns out to be neither homely nor simpleminded and possess a lot of power herself. As Meg and Simon try to stop Drayton's ever-more diabolical plan, they must stay close together or Simon will turn back into a unicorn. Consequently, the sexual tension is high in this enchanting blend of fantasy and romance.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment