Master of Swords

10/13/2006 02:05:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Master of Swords by Anglea Knight

This is the latest installment from her Mageverse series (Master of the Night, Bite anthology, Hot-Blooded anthology, Master of the Moon, Master of Wolves). I don't know of it was me or the book, but this one did not grab me like to others. It was interesting, but I was not enthralled like I usually am. But that might have been my mood, I will try it again later.
Lark McClure is granddaughter to Magi Tristan and is now a Majae herself. After the bad vamps try to attack Avalon, Morgana has decided that the newer "recruits" need to be paired with older warriors for experience and mentorship. Lark was attacked during that invasion and now has a fear of being bitten again. Not a good thing if you are supposed to donate regularly for the Magi. Well, Lark finds herself paired with Gawain and he is, of course, attracted to her, but she is still gun shy because of the attack. He is determined to break her fear and get her back to fighting shape, and into his bed as well. What he did not count on was how much he would admire her.

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Comment by nath on 10/20/2006 7:47 AM

You know Kris, I've swore off Angela Knight's book. Never again. (well until someone comes and says that her book is a total winner and s/he couldn't live without it, but even then, it will be hesitantly. I just don't like her style of writing.

Comment by Kris on 10/21/2006 4:19 PM

I normally like her stuff. I finished this one because I have read and enjoyed the rest of the series, but I don't think that I would have finished it otherwise. But like I said too, it could have been me, I just wasn't in the mood for her then.

I just started Poison Study, pretty good so far.

Comment by Gena Showalter on 10/23/2006 11:38 AM

I've got this one in my tbr pile. I've got to get some work done first, though. It's piling up!

Post a Comment