Playing with Fire

10/04/2006 10:44:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Playing With Fire Playing with Fire by Gena Showalter

This was a fun book. It was a light-hearted paranormal and I loved the heroine because I can relate to her. She acts how I think I would act if I was in her shoes. So she was a very easy heroine to sit down and enjoy. Belle is an every day girl thrust into a unique situation. This was a fun book, witty with some action to kep it moving. I enjoyed it lots (like all her books).

Belle Jamison has spent the last year bouncing from one job to the other and can't find a fit. Then one day while on her break at her current job of coffee shop "wench", a wierd guy in a lab coat with government looking guys on his heels, stumbles in and unbeknownst to her slips some chemical formula into her latte. She wakes up a week later (now unemployed) to a hunky guy (aka Rome Masters) in her bedroom who then tells her that becaue of that lovely spiked drink she can now command the four elements and he is here to "neutralize" her. Well, Belle decides that she is too young to be "neutralized" and Rome after talking with her more decides that he can't do it either. So now they are both on the run from the bad guys who want to use her to "rule the world" and the good guys who want to save it by neutralize/killing her.

Labels: ,

4 comments:

Comment by Stacy~ on 10/08/2006 9:55 AM

I have this in my TBR. I haven't been in a paranormal mood lately but the light-hearted part sounds appealing. Sounds really good. Glad you liked it :)

Have you read her "Animal Instincts"? I recommend that one.

Comment by Kris on 10/09/2006 3:05 PM

I have not gotten it yet, but it is in my tbb pile

Comment by nath on 10/12/2006 7:59 AM

i have this one sitting in my TBR pile. was really excited when it came out and somehow, once I got my hands on it... sigh...

Comment by Kris on 10/13/2006 11:33 PM

Nath, I have the same thing happen to me all the time. So many books, so little time.

Post a Comment