Cry Wolf and Strength of the Pack

8/11/2008 09:51:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Well, so far I still have no air. :( Luckily it has rained most days which makes it cooler in the evenings. I have called the air people and twice now, they have said that they will find out how long and call me back. Have they called back? No. I also have left repeated messages on their answering machine, have they called me back, No. It is irritating.
I go back to school tomorrow for pre-planning. Another school year starting. Don't know if i am ready for it.
I hope everyone is doing well out there.

Update: The air people finally called back!! They are coming out Tuesday morning. YAY!!!!!




Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Book 1)
Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Book 1) by Patricia Briggs
Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack…and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country will recognize her value as a pack member—and as his mate.

Technically I guess this is book one, so I guess that would make the first story a prequel. But if you have not read the first story in the anthology On the Prowl, you should read that one first. This series takes place in the same world as her Mercy Thompson books, this is kind of a spin off of that series. Some of the characters cross over but Ms Briggs says that most likely Anna and Mercy will never meet. If you are big on chronology (which I am) this book takes place between Moon Called and Blood Bound.
I loved this book. I thought it had a great storyline, great characters and great romance. If you have not read this or the Mercy books, you need to get your bookstore quickly. :)



The Strength of the Pack (Strength)
Strength of the Pack (Strength Book 1) by Jorrie Spencer
Since his sister disappeared, Seth has lived in solitude. Despite his deep need to be part of a pack, he sets himself apart from werewolf and human alike. When he hooks up with his teenage crush, loneliness and physical desire overcome his distrust. Jamie welcomes his attentions, and Seth rationalizes they can have one night together before they part. However, Seth and Jamie's bond runs deeper than he knows. He cannot return to the shadows. Yet exposure may bring danger to them all.

I have had this one for a while and started it once, but got side tracked. So I picked it up again yesterday. It was pretty good. I am not sure exactly what it was but there was something that did not click for me. I liked the storyline, I liked the characters, maybe it was just that I liked it but did not love it. I am not sure.

Labels: ,

6 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 8/11/2008 4:59 PM

YEAH! AC on the way... just in time for fall!

I finished Cry Wolf yesterday, Kris, and I think I'm depressed. Briggs is just so damn good that I almost hate reading her books because I know I won't be able to grab the next one and escape back into her world anytime soon.

Comment by Kris on 8/11/2008 8:29 PM

LOL! I agree, I love her books, she needs to write faster :)

Anonymous on 8/12/2008 5:37 AM

I am really looking forward to reading Cry Wolf and have On The Prowl ready and waiting to read first. I love the Mercy series and can't wait for the next one to come out. Not heard of the other one which sounds ok.

Comment by Stacy~ on 8/12/2008 8:23 PM

I can't imagine how miserable it must be for you with no air. It's been mild here in Chicago this summer, so some days I don't even need a/c, and I'm lovin' it.

I hope everything goes great with going back to school. Hard to believe that time is already here, but we say that every year.

I haven't read PB. I know, I know, another great author I'm missing out on. If I didn't have to work for a living, I wouldn't have to make these decisions. It's depressing.

Comment by Christine on 8/14/2008 1:52 PM

I CANNOT believe you've been without AC this long in Florida with a newborn! Ugh! Thankfully it is fixed by now.

I totally agree with you about "Alpha and Omega" and Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs. I love this world and these stories are phenomenal. I'm so looking forward to future books in this series.

Comment by Kris on 8/14/2008 4:50 PM

Christine - i have air now, as of last night, thankfully!

Post a Comment