MIA and stuff

8/04/2008 03:26:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sorry, I have not posted lately. The baby is doing well. The doc put her on soy formula because she had diarrhea and was not gaining enough weight. She is doing well now and has passed her birth weight. She is now 8lbs 12 oz. She sleeps well most nights so that is nice.

Current news and why I will probably be MIA this week is that our air conditioner broke. Totally sucks. Last night we spent the night at a friend's house and the air conditioner people came out today to look at our unit. They official pronounced it dead and so it needs to be replaced. The catch is that because of paperwork and insurance and other stuff that will probably not happen until Friday. Originally when we called the insurance company they told us that the air conditioner people would call us sometime today to set up an appointment for this week. So I called the air people this morning myself to tell them I needed to get someone there today because I have a newborn in this really hot house. They came out an hour later. The guy told us to call the people who are replacing the unit tomorrow morning to get them to push the paperwork through to get the new unit ASAP, but it still is going to take a few days. So I am currently sitting in a very hot house (it still is cooler in our house than outside). I think we might spend tonight at our friend's again and then use fans and stuff for the next night or so and hope they come early, or break down and go to a hotel. I cannot foist myself, Hubby and three kids (including crying baby) on my friend's hospitality for more than that long.

Done with the rant. Have I ever mentioned that i HATE spiders. Well I do. Hubby knows this and when he was cleaning out the garage failed to mention the hand sized spider he saw and then lost while he was cleaning. Luckily he knew better than to tell me about it. Laundry would have never gotten done. A couple days after he saw it we pulled up the driveway from running an errand and it was on outside of the garage door, easy kill. Of course I would not leave the car until he killed it. The thing was huge.
Fast forward to two days ago.
I open the door to the garage from the kitchen to go change laundry and son (the size of my palm) was walking on the door. I slammed the door shut and locked it. Run back to get hubby and he tells me to wait a minute so he can finish what he is doing on the computer. I go back to the kitchen to work on dishes and continue to eye the door, and the cat door at the bottom, totally picturing this huge spider pushing through and coming in that way. He finally comes out and opens the door, and of course, the spider is gone. He looks around, which is seriously more than I would have done. He found it and used my shoe to kill it, my hero. :) Of course I am still freaked out by this thing and so he stays out there with me while i changed the laundry to stand guard :)

Well, that is my life at the moment. I am still reading lots. but probably won't get to review them all. I just bought Wolf Cry by Patricia Briggs and finished it today. I am halfway through Bound by Shadow by Anna Windsor. Lately, I have read Twisted Creek by Jodi Thomas, Letters to a Secret Lover by Toni Blake, Susan Krinard's historical werewolf series, Into the Fire by Brockmann, Darkest Night by Gena Showalter and If Angels Burn and Private Demon by Lynn Viehl.

Hope everyone is having a better week than me. :)

Labels:

6 comments:

Comment by Holly on 8/04/2008 7:47 PM

OMG! I'm so sorry about your air. That's horrible! I will keep my fingers crossed that they come early. Yikes.

I'm sorry, but I totally LOL'd at your "S" word story, because I'm terrified of them and I can so see myself standing in the kitchen, eying the door, waiting for it to sneak in. Scary!

Glad baby is better.

Hugs!

Comment by Brie on 8/04/2008 8:30 PM

You are not alone, I hate spiders with a passion. They freak me more than any other bug, except for millipedes. Yuck!

And I laughed reading about how you sent the hubby to do the dirty work, reminds me of myself!

Comment by Jenster on 8/04/2008 9:01 PM

Oh, that's so lame about the air conditioner. Especially with a newborn! I'm so sorry and I hope you get it replaced ASAP. Thank goodness for good friends!

I hear ya on the spider thing. HATE THEM!

How in the world do you find any time to read right now? You're like my hero!

Comment by Christine on 8/04/2008 11:35 PM

Yikes! No AC in Florida? With a newborn? Those insurance people should be ashamed of themselves! Really!!! I hope it gets fixed asap.

I'm not generally freaked out by spiders... but a fist sized one would scare the living daylights out of me.

I have to agree with Jenster and wonder how in the world you are reading as much! I'd be asleep before 9 pm every night in your house!

I just finished CRY WOLF, too. I loved it.

Stay cool!

Comment by Isabel on 8/04/2008 11:37 PM

That sucks about the air. Two years ago, ours died too. We went maybe 3 weeks with no ac. Sucked.

Comment by Kris on 8/07/2008 5:51 PM

Thanks for the well wishes :)

Brie - I do not think I have ever seen a millipede, but I think I would hate them too.

Christine - Can't wait to hear your review

zeek - I am jealous, the heat index today is 101 degrees. I liked the Darkest night a lot, am waiting for the next one to get here from the library.

Post a Comment