Turbulant Sea and my horrible life :)

8/06/2008 06:36:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, still no air. We have a bunch of fans we are using and the insurance company gave us $150 toward a portable air unit. So we bought a window unit but unfortunately it is not working well because of the size of our room, we have vaulted ceilings and it is so hard to cool. It is currently 89 degrees in my living room and that is with the air and fans running. We went to the mall today to get out of the house and into air conditioning. Hopefully they will show up tomorrow to replace the unit.
On a similar note I have decided that the fates are against me this week. On Monday, my toilet in my bedroom overflowed unbeknownst to me and flooded my bathroom and the carpet that is right outside the bathroom. Now since I have no air to help dry it out and fans only do so much in this humidity it smells like mildew in my bedroom.
And my week gets better (not).
Yesterday, I went to Home Depot to get the window unit and when I came out, the lady in the car parked in front of me informed me that a shopping cart had hit my car and showed me a really deep scratch in the front corner, then veered off and hit her car and broke her headlight cover. So then we spent the next hour (with three kids in the car, luckily they had toys) talking to insurance and the manager. This is not my week and it is only Wednesday.

Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, Book 6)Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters Book 6) by Christine Feehan

The star: Joley Drake was born with a legacy of unexpected magical gifts, but it was the gift of singing that made her an overnight sensation—a rock and roll goddess trapped by fame, fortune, and ambition. Heated by the flush of success, Joley could have any man she wanted. But there’s only man who can give her what she really needs.

The bodyguard: Ilya Prakenskii, cool, inscrutable, dangerously sexy, and working in the shadow of his infamous reputation—that of a secret Russian hit man on the payroll of a notorious mobster. He’s the last man Joley should get close to, yet when her life is threatened on tour she has nowhere left to turn. But in the seductive safe keep of Ilya’s embrace, is Joley really as secure as she imagines?


Okay, the second to last book in the series. Very good! I have given up on the Dark books, but I am loving this series. I enjoyed this book all the way through. I loved Joley and Ilya, they were great characters as were all the abnd members. There was some action and good romance. Nice balance of everything for me. You got to see all the sisters and their hubbys in this one except Elle. She was MIA the whole book, so I have no idea where the next story will start.

If you have read the story, I was so sad for Brian. I hope we hear more about the band members in the next book (just snippets of how they are doing and stuff).

Labels: , ,

5 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 8/06/2008 8:01 PM

Oh, Kris. That sucks! All of it!! Here's hoping and praying things start looking up AND you get the new unit tomorrow!

Comment by Holly on 8/07/2008 12:25 AM

Jeez, you poor girl. When it rains it sure does pour, doesn't it? I'm glad they gave you SOMETHING to help, but jeez, I'll be praying for speedy service.

I loved TS, too. Yummy Ilya. :P

Comment by Kris on 8/07/2008 5:54 PM

Thanks jenster :)

hey Holly, thanks for the prayers. Ilya was definitely yummy. :)

Comment by Bev(QB) on 8/09/2008 9:20 PM

Just catching up on blogs, Kris, so I just saw this. EGADS! I sure hope things are getting better!

Comment by nath on 8/11/2008 8:59 AM

Hi Kris!!

Tell me you got AC now!!

I just went out and bought the Drake sisters books that I could find :) i'll get back to you on these :)

Post a Comment