Die For Me and Scream for Me

9/27/2008 02:33:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Die for Me by Karen Rose
My review for Die For Me is up at Book Binge here.



Scream for Me by Karen Rose
Special Agent Daniel Vartanian has sworn to find the perpetrator of multiple killings that mimic a 13-year-old murder linked to a collection of photographs that belonged to his brother, Simon, the ruthless serial killer who met his demise in DIE FOR ME. Daniel is certain that someone even more depraved than his brother committed these crimes, and he's determined to bring the current murderer to justice and solve the mysterious crime from years ago.

With only a handful of images as a lead, Daniel's search will lead him back through the dark past of his own family, and into the realm of a mind more sinister than he could ever imagine. But his quest will also draw him to Alex Fallon, a beautiful nurse whose troubled past reflects his own. As Daniel becomes attached to Alex, he discovers that she is also the object of the obsessed murderer. Soon, he will not only be racing to discover the identity of this macabre criminal, but also to save the life of the woman he has begun to love.

Great book!! I think I liked this one better than Die for Me. Great suspense and very strong characters. Alex comes to town to find her missing stepsister and take care of her niece. The poor niece is traumatized and will not speak and no one believes that Bailey is missing. Alex and Daniel have to pool their resources to uncover the deep conspiracies going on in this little town.

Labels: ,

5 comments:

Comment by nath on 9/28/2008 11:09 AM

Hey Kris! I personally think that Scream for Me was better than Die for Me :) i can't wait for the third book!!!

Comment by Christine on 9/28/2008 8:59 PM

I read your review for Die For Me on the Book Binge. I don't remember if I commented or not. I apologize if I didn't--last week was crazy.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could tell me if I should read Die for Me before reading Scream for Me. I'm generally a stickler for reading books in order even if they are loosely related. I'd appreciate your advice--I won Scream for Me on a blog sometime ago and am wondering if I should pick up Die for Me.

Thanks! :)

p.s. Hope your girls are doing well. I bet the baby is getting so big already!!

Comment by Kris on 9/28/2008 9:57 PM

nath - I think so too. me either :)

christine - it is okay, I totally understand I am so behind on blogging and commenting myself. I read them but do not always comment.
I would definitely read Die for Me first, it sets things up for Scream for me. I think if you read it you would still enjoy it, but I think you would miss a lot as well.

Comment by ~ames~ on 9/29/2008 5:05 PM

I read Scream for Me on my road trip. I liked it more than Die for Me too.

Comment by Christine on 9/29/2008 10:47 PM

Oh! You changed your layout! I like this one--I actually have the same one for another blog I have on a different profile.

Thanks for the advice regarding Die For Me. I think I'll pick it up next time! =)

Post a Comment