The Courage to Love and Fortune's Kiss

9/01/2008 08:55:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

The Courage to Love (Brothers in Arms, Book 1)The Courage to Love (Brothers in Arms Book 1) by Samantha Kane
Kate Collier is still recovering from a vicious rape and trying to make a success of her dress shop when Jason Randal and Anthony Richards return to London from the Continent, intent on winning her. She's known them for years, ever since they served with her late husband in the Peninsula against Napoleon. She'd been in love with them for almost that long. To discover they feel the same is a shock, but Kate isn't ready to turn her life back over to a man, or men.
Jason and Tony prove hard to resist, however, especially when their close friendship blossoms into desire for each other as they make Kate's body burn with passion. The combination of their insatiable desire for her and their journey into a sexual relationship with one another is irresistible to Kate.
A nightmare from her past tries to keep them apart, but the three long for a life together in spite of society's censure, and they will not be denied.


Loved this book. It was full of emotion (but not cheesy) and had a great storyline. I cannot wait to read the next ones.



Fortune's KissFortune's Kiss by Lisa Manuel
Practical, country-bred Moira Hughes must fight for the family fortune she believes her stepfather's heir has unlawfully withheld from her. Graham Foster, treasure hunter and Egyptian antiquities expert, returns to London to claim his barony only to find himself accused of foul play by Moira and her family. Finally coming to a wary truce, Graham agrees to help Moira find her lost fortune, and together they follow a trail of fraud, deceit, and murder that leads them through the streets of London—and into each other's arms.

Pretty good book. I thought it was a good book to pass the time. Interesting storyline.

Labels:

7 comments:

Comment by ~ames~ on 9/01/2008 10:39 PM

I've been thinking about checking out those Samantha Kane books. I'm glad you liked it. :P

Comment by Bev(QB) on 9/01/2008 11:53 PM

YEAH! You've finally partaken of the magic Kane-ade! I sooooo love this series!

Comment by Stacy~ on 9/02/2008 9:01 AM

I've read quite a few books w/ the Kane synopsis and they were pretty good. Not sure if I'll pick up this one but you never know.

How's school going?

Comment by Kris on 9/02/2008 3:04 PM

hey ames - it was very good and very HOT!!.

bev - LOL yes, I can't wait to read the next ones

stacy - I had not read many (if any) historical menage books, I was very pleased with this one.
School is going great so far. If the hurricanes stop coming we would be doing better. It is hard to get going in fits and starts when you have to keep missing school because of them.

Comment by Samantha Kane on 9/02/2008 9:01 PM

I'm glad you liked The Courage to Love. Thanks!

Comment by Jill D. on 9/06/2008 10:55 PM

Hi Kris, I have the Courage to Love books in my TBR as well. I am glad you liked the first one. I am going to have to move it up!

Comment by Chantal on 9/26/2008 10:35 PM

I read and reviewed that Samantha Kane book about a year ago.
I'm like the only one who didn't like it.

Post a Comment