Just One of the Guys and BBAW

9/05/2008 10:17:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

If you have not voted for BBAW awards (Book Blogger Appreciation Week) you need to go HERE and vote before the 12th.



Just One of the Guys by Kristin Higgins
Being one of the guys isn't all it's cracked up to be… So when journalist Chastity O'Neill returns to her hometown, she decides it's time to start working on some of those feminine wiles. Two tiny problems: #1—she's five feet eleven inches of rock-solid girl power, and #2—she's cursed with four alpha male older brothers. While doing a story on local heroes, she meets a hunky doctor and things start to look up. Now there's only one problem: Trevor Meade, her first love and the one man she's never quite gotten over—although he seems to have gotten over her just fine. Yet the more time she spends with Dr. Perfect, the better Trevor looks. But even with the in-your-face competition, the irresistible Trevor just can't seem to see Chastity as anything more than just one of the guys.…

I picked this one up from the library because Nath had read it and her review sounded good. It was a cute read. I loved how the heroine was unique. You do not find too many heroines that are 6 ft with broad shoulders and a love of sports. So that was a very nice change. I liked how she did not change herself for someone, she kept herself real. And i love friends to lovers stories. It took Trevor a little long to get a clue and I wanted to smack him a few times, but, of course, it worked out in the end :)

Labels:

6 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 9/06/2008 10:23 AM

Geez, even I, the no contemps reader, am almost tempted to read this one just so I can read a book without constant references to how much the Hero loves how tiny, petite, fragile, wee, etc. the Heroine is! Not to mention that, with a heroine that tall, she wouldn't be swooning at the Hero's immense manliness.

Comment by Kris on 9/06/2008 2:19 PM

I totally agree, it was a nice refreshing change. She admired the hero (who is a firefighter) but was not awed by his strength.

Comment by nath on 9/06/2008 6:05 PM

Glad you enjoyed this one!!

Bevn, I think you're going to enjoy this one, just give it a try :)

Comment by Stacy~ on 9/06/2008 10:11 PM

wI keep hearing good things about this author, and man oh man, I want to add her to the tbb list. And I agree with Bev, it's great to hear about a heroine who's not a tiny "perfect" doll.

Comment by Jill D. on 9/06/2008 10:57 PM

Aaacckkk! Just One of the Guys another book that has been getting a lot of good press lately. I have added it to the list. I am always looking for good contemps.

Comment by Christine on 9/11/2008 10:14 PM

I really thought I commented here the other day . . .

Anyway... I am reading Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins (won a RITA recently), and am really, really enjoying it. I also have Fools Rush In, having won both novels on the Writeminded author blog. I'm probably going to end up buying Just One of the Guys, too! Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment