Swallowing Darkness and a new look

1/03/2009 07:30:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Well how do you like the new look? I have been meaning to change it for a little while and Hubby reminded me of it yesterday, so we went ahead and did it figuring it was a new year and time for a new look. You would not believe what he charged me for the redesign ;)
We are all doing well here. The baby goes for her 6 month check up and shots on Monday. The oldest had a friend sleep over last night and they stayed up way too late and were still up at 7am. I am tired.
Back to work on Monday. Not sure if I am dreading it or looking forward to it.
Please keep my hubby in your thoughts and prayers, he needs to find a evening/night job or a lot more design work coming in with him staying home with the kids. Because we need the money, but jobs are very scarce here.


Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry Book 7) by Laurell K. Hamilton
I am Meredith, princess of faerie, wielder of the hands of Flesh and Blood, and at long last, I am with child–twins, fathered by my royal guard. Though my uncle, Taranis, King of Light and Illusion, claims that he is the true father since he abducted me from my home, betrayed, and defiled me. And now he has branded my guards as a threat to my unborn children. Bearing an heir has placed me halfway to my aunt’s throne, that much closer to my reign over the Unseelie Court–and well ahead of her son, my cousin Cel, in this race. Now I must stay alive to see my children born and claim my place as queen. But not all in faerie are pleased with the news, and conspirators from every court in the realm plot against me and mine. They seek to strip my guards, my lovers, from me by poisoned word or cold steel. But I still have supporters, and even friends, among the goblins and the sluagh, who will stand by me. I am Meredith Nic Essus, and those who would defy and destroy me are destined to pay a terrible price–for I am truly my father’s daughter. To protect what is mine, I will sacrifice anything–even if it means waging a great battle against my darkest enemies and making the most momentous decision ever made as princess of faerie.

Liked it alot. Much less sex than the previous book. There was too much in that one. In this one there was one scene and it was toward the end. I have heard people say the they thought there to inconsistencies in the characters but most of those that I have heard I was thinking that in most of those situations the people had just hit their point where enough is enough. So their reactions were a little different than normal. I attribute Ceir to his insanity though the Queen was a little more mellow than usual. We also did not see most of her retinue that we usually see. That I kind of missed but maybe it explained the lack of sex in this book.
I think she could end the series with this book but she says on her blog that she is not done with it yet, she plans to follow the pregnancy through. We will see.

Labels: ,

8 comments:

Comment by Amy C on 1/03/2009 8:31 AM

Hey Kris! I love the new look!

Comment by Holly on 1/03/2009 10:34 AM

Oh, I love the new look! It's wonderful. I'm kind of jealous now...:)

I'll def. keep hubby in my thoughts and prayers. Believe me, I know what it's like to not be able to find a job.

Hugs!

Comment by Jenster on 1/03/2009 12:31 PM

Great look! I'll keep hubby in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Comment by ~ames~ on 1/03/2009 1:54 PM

Like the new look!!

I'm waiting for this book from the library, but I still haven't read a lick of frost.

Comment by Kris on 1/03/2009 2:07 PM

Thanks ladies!! I am excited about it :D
Thank you also for the prayers, they are appreciated :)

Ames, there is info in Lick of Frost that you need, but it is not my favorite book, there was too much sex in it for me if i remember correctly. i just realized i never wrote about it so I am not positive in my like or dislike of this one.

Comment by Bev(QB) on 1/03/2009 3:34 PM

Oh, KRIS! This is bee-you-tee-ful! Very 2009!

Are you sure you're thinking of A Lick of Frost and not Mistral's Kiss? MK was ALL sex and ALoF had all kinds of OMGHOLYSHIT stuff happen in it. Oh, and towards the beginning, Merry FINALLY gives RHYS some one-on-one time. If you're a Rhys fan like I am, it's not to be missed because the scene is so bittersweet.

And Swallowing Darkness picks up right where ALoF leaves off.

Since she wraps up so many of the major ongoing storylines in SD, I don't have a clue where she's going from here.

Comment by Kris on 1/03/2009 3:48 PM

Hey Bev. It could be that I am thinking of that one. I hate when I do not write about a book because I forget things like that. I just remember that there was a lot that happened in ALoF. Thanks :)

Comment by Chantal on 1/03/2009 4:30 PM

Very nice! I love how there is an actual book theme to your layout. Great job :)

Post a Comment