The World of Celta - Re-read Challenge

7/01/2009 01:11:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I had a long post about a bunch of books that I read and wrote a review before I left for camp and it got lost some where on the internet. Then I went to camp for a week and had very spotty internet so did not do any posts, but I got a lot of reading done. I got into a major romantic fantasy mode and wanted to re-read Robin D. Owens' Celta series. So I started with Heart Mate and am just finished up the latest book, Heart Fate. The next book Heart Change comes out in November.

The characters are memorable, and the world building is great. The storylines are not cookie cutter at all so each one is very interesting to read. My favorite of the series is probably Heart Fate because the characters had both been through so much and were so damaged that it was nice to see them heal and bond. I would definitely suggest reading them in order or you miss some of the storylines. But they can be read alone if that is what you have.

Great series, I love them and they will definitely remain on my keeper shelves. If you have not read these and enjoy fantasy romance you have to try these out.

heartmatereissueHeart Mate (Celta Heart Mates Book 1) by Robin D. Owens
T'Ash survived the slums then avenged his family's death. He knows Danith is the future of his clan. Danith knows T'Ash is noble, powerful and dangerous. Not for her. The prophecy: A woman surrounded by peril...

hearttheifHeart Thief (Celta Heart Mates Book 2) by Robin D. Owens
The story of a man without psi powers on a world where they're prized. An outcast, Ruis Elder must overcome all society to survive, pursue his passion for restoring ancient Earth technology, and win his love -- Judge Ailim D'SilverFir

heart duelHeart Duel (Celta Heart Mates Book 3) by Robin D. Owens
Holm Holly’s a fighter; Lark Hawthorn a Healer, their Families are at war. Holm knows one thing bone deep. Nothing will prevent him from claiming Lark. Not the feud. Not his Family’s condemnation. Not his own flaws. And not Lark herself.

heartchoiceHeart Choice (Celta Heart Mates Book 4) by Robin D. Owens
Straif Blackthorn is back. To claim his title, restore his home, love his woman (Mitchella Clover). And to fight the enemy who wants all three.

heartquestHeart Quest (Celta Heart Mates Book 5) by Robin D. Owens
Trif Clover is searching for her HeartMate. But Guardsman Ilex Winterberry has already found her. He has reasons of his own -- and for her own good -- to keep to the shadows of her life. But there's a killer on the loose, stalking those with unstable psi power like Trif's. Facing his most difficult task yet, Ilex must reveal the truth of their destiny or leave Trif vulnerable to a vicious murderer.

heartdanceHeart Dance (Celta Heart Mates Book 6) by Robin D. Owens
Dufleur Thyme is a scholar determined to master time itself – and clear her father's name as a mad scientist. Neglected-boy turned nobleman Saille Willow has other ideas. He wants to claim Dufleur as his own, but he has tougher family problems than he thinks. Both must reveal their secrets.

heartfateHeart Fate (Celta Heart Mates Book 7) by Robin D. Owens
With Lahsin D'Yew's husband giving chase after she runs from an abusive marriage, she finds sanctuary in a secret garden, where she meets Tinne Holly. Though he is her HeartMate, he cannot tell her, and her troubled past prevents her from trusting any man. Pretending to find her by chance, Tinne helps her through her Second Passage. But when the truth is revealed, can she forgive his deception, and learn to trust in her destiny?

Labels: , ,

6 comments:

Comment by nath on 7/01/2009 2:07 PM

Hmmm, I only read Heart Thief and I was a little lost... but I'm glad you're enjoying it. Make me want to give it another try... but then, I just have so many books, LOL :P

Comment by ~ames~ on 7/01/2009 4:58 PM

I've seen a lot of favorable reviews for these books around the net so I picked up the books from the thrift store whenever I found them. I almost have the complete series so far, but believe I might be missing book 4.

Glad you like them!

Comment by Amy C on 7/01/2009 5:50 PM

I read one of those, or part of it anyway a few years ago. I think it was Heart Choice. I don't know, I never finished it and I don't think it was that I didn't like it, I ithink it had more to do with the fact that I kept feeling like I should have started from the beginning, so stopped reading. I think about trying it again. Maybe I should and pick up the first book, first!

Comment by Maija on 7/02/2009 3:05 AM

I've been thinking about reading this series. I'll be borrowing the first part from a friend and buying the rest of them if it turns out to be a good series. I usually like these kind of books, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Comment by Tracy on 7/02/2009 7:15 PM

Ok how awesome does this series sound? Dammit - like I need more books Kris??? lol Actually thanks for the heads up. :)

Comment by Kris on 7/04/2009 2:38 PM

nath - I would give it another try, bit you are right, right now your tbr pile overfloweth with new books :P Happy reading

ames - I am working on getting them too, I am missing the first one and the sixth one, but luckily my library has the whole series. Hope you like them.

amy - Yeah, Heart choice would be a difficult place to start there is backstory to that one. They are easiest read in order.

Maija - hope you like them :)

Tracy - you read fast enough you should have no problem adding these :D If you get a chance to read them i think you would like them.

Post a Comment