Conspiracy Game

11/16/2006 05:55:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Conspiracy Game by Christine Feehan

I think that I like this book the best out of the series so far . Enough so that I am debating going and buying the rest of the books (Shadow Game, Mind Game, Night Game, Conspiracy Game). I have not bought them yet because I was not sure if I wanted to collect this one, but I am definitely rethinking that decision now. I stopped collecting the Dark books because they were all starting to sound the same to me, but I haven't seen that trend in this series yet. The story line was fast paced to keep my attention and it kept me guessing as to how far the story was going to continue in this book. I really enjoyed it a lot.

GhostWalker Jack Norton is a genetically enhanced telepathic sniper on a mission to rescue his brother in the jungles of the Congo. Then he meets Briony, a beautiful rebel on a mission of her own-and hiding secrets that a shadowy enemy would kill to discover.

The back cover did not say much so I am expounding.
Briony (unique name, it is some kind of plant or flower) was one of Whitney's experiment girls who was actually adopted out to a circus family. She was diagnosed as autistic when she was a toddler because she was always crying and would not let anyone touch her or get close to her. But she is like that because she has extreme empathy that makes it painful for her to be around people. But for the love of her family she gets up everyday and performs her flying act with her brothers at the circus.
We meet Jack (and his twin brother, Ken) in the previous books and hear about his reputation as a kick-butt sniper and as a deadly quiet man.

Labels: ,

4 comments:

Comment by nath on 11/17/2006 8:27 AM

Hmmm, I read the first two of this series, but this one sounds good... might want to get it :D See, what kind of annoys me with this series is that, it's basically the same story in every book. You have guy that belong to the Ghostwalker meeting/saving/falling in love with girl that was part of Whithey's project.

Comment by Kris on 11/17/2006 9:58 AM

I agree, that is why I stopped getting the Dark series. And that is essentially true for this one, but this book is very good, I suggest at least getting it from the library if you can to try it.

Anonymous on 11/18/2006 12:50 AM

Thanks for the review. The last CF book I reviewed I did nothing but bitch and moan about it. So fed up with the same book, new cover crap.

I wouldn't buy a CF book unless it was REALLY REALLY good. I will see if our library has this one...and put it on reserve. It might, however, wind up hitting the wall.
LOL.
Sandie

Comment by Kris on 11/18/2006 9:53 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment