The Untamed One and A Reason to Live

11/22/2006 11:15:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

The Untamed One by Ronda Thompson

This is the second book in the Wild Wulfs of London series. The first was called The Dark One. And I just realized while writing this that I never posted about that one. I will have to go back and post about it. Well, this one was pretty good. It is a historical paranormal. The family is cursed and the brothers refuse to marry and pass along the curse. (I have heard that before, like in almost every historical shifter book I have read.) I thought the story was good but the story line itself is overused. I did like the fact that the heroine herself is also an outcast because she is a witch. So that was a nice change. So it was a decent book, but I don't think I am going to buy it, I will grab the next one from the library as well.

Running from angry villagers and the man who ravaged her, the witch Lucinda flees into the forest to have her child. But Lord Jackson Wulf hunts her down, believing her death will break the family curse that transforms him into a monster. Instead of killing the witch, Jackson is moved by her beauty and desperate plight. And Lucinda seizes the chance to find safety for herself and her babe when a bargain is struck between this outcast woman and this doomed man-and sealed by their marriage in name only...In return for his protection, Lucinda has promised that her magick can free Jackson from his torment. But this pretty witch soon finds herself in danger of being seduced by Jackson's charms and pursued by the man who would see both her and her child dead. Can she trust a Wulf with her safety and the safety of her child? Can she trust her heart to Jackson? To surrender to a Wulf is a terrible risk, for love will either unleash the beast within the man....or finally set him free.


A Reason to Live by Maureen McKade

My second book by her, but first historical I have read by her. I read her book, Convictions right after I started this blog. I thought that it was very predictable, but I know a lot of others who really liked it. I heard many people at the RT board who really liked this one so I grabbed it. It was good. I liked the story line. I loved the fact that they spent time together getting to know each other before realizing that they liked each other, they sort of grew on one another. I liked that alot it was a nice change from instant lust and in bed together and the next day declaring love for one another. So that was very nice.
I liked the premise of the story, Laurel Covey is a nurse who after the war is traveling around to the families of the boys she took care of to deliver their last words and requests. Creede Forrester is one of those fathers' who lost a son in the war. He heard what she was doing and came to see if she could tell him about his son and then stayed with her for her protection while she travelled, much to her dismay. I will keep this one for a change of pace (for me) American historical it will be a nice variety for my library.

After the Civil War, a Confederate nurse seeks to comfort the loved ones of the men she watched die. And the father of a dead soldier-a rugged, weary, ex-gunslinger-will give her the sanctuary she so desperately needs.

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Comment by nath on 11/28/2006 9:35 AM

Hey Kris :D

Read the book by Rhonda Thompson... but I'm not sold on this series... and there's 4 brothers right? so 2 more books...

as for A Reason to Live, i'm not too much into western :P so unless it's absolutely fantastically great, I'll pass ;P

so how was your T-giving?

Comment by Kris on 11/28/2006 5:51 PM

Yeah I am not totally sold either, I love my library, it is my friend. The next book, The Cursed One just came out this week.

My Thankgiving was great, thanks for asking!

Post a Comment