Frostbite and baby stuff

7/10/2008 12:26:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Well, today is the day. I am nervous and excited and stressed. You would think I would not be nervous, I have done this twice already, but I am nervous. Please keep me in your prayers. This is our last child, I am done. I am now thirty and I cannot do pregnancy again. My mom will have to wait for my sister to get married before she is going to get her grandson. She had two girls and I have three girls, so she wants a boy to buy boy things for (not that she does not love my girls and spoil them too). But it will not be mine. That is okay. I fear my life 10 years from now with a 10 year old, a 13 year old and a 16 year old. My house will be a war zone. Hubby says about that time he is buying a shotgun and hunting cabin to get away.
The baby's room is not quite done yet, but she will be in our room for a few weeks so we hope to finish painting it in the next couple weeks. I might be a little more sporadic over the next few weeks because of sleep deprivation or I might be on more often because it will be easier to sit and type than stand and do other things. We will see. I am so not looking forward to being up every hour or two. But there is an end in sight. So I will enjoy my time with her while she is this age.
I will post pics soon (or have Hubby post them). Have a great week everyone.

Update
: I have a guest review at Book Binge on a short story from Lyrical Press called Jessie's Dirty Little Secret.

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)Frostbite (Vampire Academy Book 2) by Rachelle Mead
Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose… It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians— including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks. This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price…


This is the second book in her Vampire Academy series the first is Vampire Academy. I liked this one more than the first one. I found it easier to follow. The storyline flowed better to me and the friction between Dimitri and Rose was better. If you read the first one and thought it okay, try this one before you give up on it. Good book and good sequel.

Labels: , ,

7 comments:

Comment by Christine on 7/10/2008 1:17 AM

I'm so excited for you!!!! Best wishes, Kris! Can't wait to see the pictures!!! :)

Comment by nath on 7/10/2008 7:16 AM

I think it's normal that you're nervous :) Don't worry, we'll think and pray for you!! :)

I think that having three daughters is very nice :) and LOL, when you said your hubby would be buying a shotgun, I thought it would be to keep the boys away!!! LOL :)

Can't wait for the pics already!!

Comment by Bev(QB) on 7/10/2008 8:59 AM

Positive thoughts and prayers for a happy healthy new baby girl and a quick recovery for you, Kris.

You may be nervous, but I bet you just can't wait to meet her!

Comment by Jenster on 7/10/2008 11:34 AM

Exciting stuff, Kris!! You're all in my prayers and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Comment by ~ames~ on 7/10/2008 11:40 AM

Yay!!

I'll be thinking of you. Hope all goes well. :P

Comment by Holly on 7/10/2008 4:14 PM

SQUEEE! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for you to have her. :)

I'll be thinking of you today sending prayers your way. ;0)

Comment by Chantal on 7/14/2008 4:38 PM

I have this book in my TR.
I found that the first in the series was flawed in the writing. There were too many editorial mistake. Not with spelling and grammar, but with style and rules.

I am going to give Frostbite a chance though. I want to find out what happens next in the series.

Post a Comment