Superb and Sexy

7/14/2008 06:04:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I am finally home. Thank you very much for your prayers and thoughts. They have been much appreciated. Emily is doing great. My parents have taken the other two for the week so we could get re-adjusted to having a baby in the house. And she cleaned my house while I was at the hospital, Go Mom!! Hubby is constantly updating the site he posted about last post if you want to see more pics. She is doing great, I am sore and swollen. Very swollen. I decided to try and nurse her and she actually took to it pretty well (my other two wanted nothing to do with it) but I am struggling as to if it is worth it, it hurts so bad. Okay I will stop whining now. Hopefully the pain meds will help with that as well as my incision pain. I will be around and reading lots but don't know how much I will be posting. Thank you again for your support. I love you guys.




Superb and Sexy (Sky High Air, Book 3)
Superb and Sexy (Sky High Air Book 3) by Jill Shalvis
Despite his brooding bad-boy attitude, Brody knows life has treated him pretty well. His luxury charter airline, Sky High, has given him financial security and the means to take to the skies whenever things on the ground get complicated. And lately, things have become very complicated, thanks to the insanely passionate, or perhaps just insane, kiss he shared with Sky High's gorgeous, wisecracking concierge, Maddie. He's tried to keep his distance, but now Maddie desperately needs help, and it's triggering protective alpha-male urges Brody didn't even know he had.

For months, Maddie hid her crush on sexy, exasperating Brody behind a cool, kick-ass exterior and then blew that to smithereens by jumping him in the lobby. Yeah, real smooth. She's tried to break her ties with Sky High, but Brody won't let her walk away-especially now that he knows that Maddie and her twin sister Leena are in big-time trouble. To save Leena, Maddie and Brody must pose as husband and wife, and Maddie is amazed that the man she thought was oblivious to her existence knows her very well indeed. But that's nothing compared to the way she's about to get to know him-intimately, in depth, and over and over again.

I love Jill's books, they are always so much fun. For me they are a guaranteed light and fun contemporary. This was no exception. I have been looking forward to this book for a long time. You meet this couple in the first book and watch them as they fight all through it and the second book. Great stuff. So this one has been much looked forward to. I very much enjoyed it. If you like her books don't miss this series.

Labels:

11 comments:

Comment by Stacy~ on 7/14/2008 6:28 AM

I need to go check out those pics! Thrilled you & Emily are doing well, though I hope you feel much better soon. Good luck with the nursing.

I love this book. Jill made me very happy with Brody's & Maddie's story. And I am grateful to the Book Binge for winning a copy :)

Comment by Stacy~ on 7/14/2008 6:59 AM

Okay, I went and looked - wonderful pictures! Thanx for sharing this happy experience with us. You're all so adorable, and now even moreso with new little Emily. Thanx for the early morning smile.

Comment by nath on 7/14/2008 12:42 PM

She's really a cute baby!! Love the pics! So happy that you're home already :D and your parents are angels :D

Comment by Holly on 7/14/2008 4:17 PM

YAY!! You're home! That's exciting. I'm glad you're doing alright (even if you are swollen).

I didn't breast feed either of my kids, so I can't help you with that. Sorry. :(

I love that we got to see the pics! AWWWW! I love babies. :P

I'm excited to read this book, too. I just wanted to read the first 2 before I got into this one. So many books, so little time.

Comment by Chantal on 7/14/2008 4:34 PM

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! She is beautiful :)

P.s- This is Chantal, I changed my name and blog addy.
You can find me here now
http://readingbythefountain.blogspot.com/

BTW, I happen to be a board certified lactation consultant. There is only so much I can do for you with you being far away, but I can give you some free advice/tips/help with the breastfeeding.
Other than the fullness of having your milk in, breastfeeding should not hurt! There are a few things than can be causing the pain, but I'd need to talk to you more in order to diagnose it. I'm afraid I can't remember where you live, but if you are in the same Country as me, I could even RX you meds if you need them. (I'd just call it in to your pharmacy) Although most problems can be cleared up without going that far.

I tend not to offer help like this on line, but for a blogging buddy, I'm happy to help :)
:)
Not only would I have professional advice for you, but also personal advice, as I nursed all my children for years. Literally.


Isn't Jill Shalvis great? I adore her Blaze books from Harlequin.

Anonymous on 7/15/2008 11:09 PM

Congrats, Kris! She's beautiful. Hope you're able to get some rest before the others come home :)

Comment by J on 7/17/2008 5:02 AM

Congrats on the new babe! Emily's beautiful!

Comment by Christine on 7/17/2008 2:40 PM

Hi Kris! So glad you're all home and well and that you guys have some help! That's awesome.

I exclusively nursed both my girls (First baby had one bottle at 4 days old... Second baby never had a bottle) so can help you with breast feeding if you like. (I was very involved with my local La Leche League, too... so I've got some great lactation resources on my bookshelf). You don't have an email on your profile, so come to mine and email me. I'll send you my phone number if you like! :)

(No pressure.... But think of the money you could save by nursing!! You could buy more books!! LOL ;)

Comment by Christine on 7/17/2008 2:44 PM

I'm back from looking at your pictures. You're family is so beautiful!! xoxo

Comment by Chantal on 7/17/2008 9:38 PM

Great advice from Christine. I was an LLL Leader before I became an IBCLC.
The LLL is a great help to mothers.
:)

Comment by Kris on 7/19/2008 9:58 AM

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. She is a delight and a very pretty baby. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

Seneca and christine - thanks. It is getting better but if you could email me my addy is froggykm @ gmail

Post a Comment