The Sword

2/25/2007 06:52:00 AM / Posted by Kris /


The Sword: A Novel of the Sons of Destiny
The Sword (Book 1 of the Sons of Destiny) by Jean Johnson

I will say this, the descrption makes this sound like an erotic romance or erotica but it is not. She is only with one brother. I really enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down. I am looking forward to reading the others. The next book, Wolf, comes out April 3, 2007. Each brother has a different gift in the world where magic is commonplace. I suggest that before you read the book you look at the very back of the book where the curse is actually written out. I did not find it until halfway through the book and it was bugging me because they never state it in the story itself. Kayla is brought over from our world into theirs so you have that not really time travel but world travel aspect too. I do not like time travel but I do not mind dimension/world travel. She adjusts well (sometimes I thought too well, but that was okay) because she was very involved in her area's SCA chapter and was not a prissy miss (which was good for me because they bug me). The description makes it sound like she has powers but she does not, the ignrant people think that everyone involved in the SCA are witches. I really enjoyed this one and do recommend it. And it is kind of thick so you get a nice long read out of it.

Book Description:
The first novel of the Sons of Destiny...a romantic tale of magic, superstition, and a love that transcends dimensions.


Eight brothers, born in four sets of twins, two years apart to the day-they fulfill the Curse of Eight Prophecy. To avoid tempting their destiny, the brothers are exiled to Nightfall Island, a land where women are strictly forbidden. But, when the youngest of the mage-brothers rescues a woman from another universe, their world is altered forever.

Kelly Doyle had wanted to get away from the world. Threatened, attacked, and accused of witchcraft, Kelly had enough of her narrow-minded small town. And now she has somehow landed in another, magical dimension-the only woman in a realm inhabited by eight men who are desperately in need of a woman's touch.

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Comment by nath on 2/26/2007 9:53 AM

hey kris!

this book is in trade paperback format right? I think i've seen it a couple of time at the bookstore, but was put off my the format :P But glad you enjoyed! maybe I'm going to read it next time I wait for my sis at the bookstore!

Comment by reviewer on 2/26/2007 12:35 PM

oh wow, it sounds awesome.
Thanks for the review. I just wrote the book down for the next time I go to the book store. (I put it in my purse so I wont forget it at home like I did last week.)

Comment by Kristie (J) on 2/26/2007 9:42 PM

Now see - this is just one of the reasons I love reader's blogs so much!! I've never even seen this one but I went on the Chapters website and they have a couple at the store near me. I see a stop on the way home tomorrow.
Thanks for the review of a book I never would have noticed before!

Post a Comment