Close Encounters, Talking about Sex, Chance Encounter, Shadow Warrior and A Man Like Mac

4/30/2007 08:27:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

I just got four books today (two from Amazon and two from a library sale) YEAH!! I love getting new books. well the first one was more new to me, it was one that I had been wanting for a while by Andre Norton and Piers Anthony called If I Pay Thee Not in Gold (it is a fantasy). Then I also got Tease by Suzanne Forster, Again by Sharon Cullars and Captive Dreams by Angela Knight and Diane Whiteside.

Well, this post is to get rid of all the little Harlequins on my "to post about list" so here goes...

A Man Like Mac (Harlequin Superromance No. 911)A Man Like Mac (Super Romance #911) by Fay Robinson
This is one of my favorite SuperRomance series books. I read it a couple years ago and loved it because it was such a heartwarming story to me. It was the first romance I had read where the hero was physically disabled. He is in a wheelchair and paralyzed from the waist down. This was a great book and I kept an eye out for it at every ubs I was at. I found it last week in a "to be processed" box at my ubs. Yea! But I love this book and highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to read it.

When Keely Wilson turns to Mac McCandless for help, an intense but unacknowledged attraction between them is rekindled. First, though, Keely has to accept a devastating change in Mac's life and face the loss of the career she mistakenly believes defines her as a person. A Man Like Mac is a powerful story of courage, acceptance, and the ability of love to heal the wounded heart.

And I liked what was posted at Amazon that the author said:
In A MAN LIKE MAC, I've explored the relationship between a disabled man and an able-bodied woman facing a terrible injury. My research led me to some incredible real-life heroes and heroines, people who shared their experiences and answered questions about difficult subjects. I was profoundly changed by what I learned. Courage has a new meaning for me now. The heart of this story is romance. Mac McCandless has loved Keely Wilson since she was 17, but he was her coach and teacher and such feelings were forbidden at the time. She's now 27 and locked in a battle for her emotional survival. Mac can't help her without reviving those old feelings. But he's not sure his heart can take losing her again. I hope you enjoy the story. This is my debut novel.


Talking About Sex... (Harlequin Blaze)Talking about Sex (Blaze #210) by VLT
This was cute, not my favorite by her but it was okay. It did not draw me in like her other books.

It's Katie Peterson's job to be a mouthy DJ, but being mouthy just got personal. Jess Harkins has started construction on a sixty-story office tower next to Katie's quaint local radio station. She'd hate his building anyway who needs another high-rise? But Katie especially dislikes having her view blocked by the guy who turned down the chance to be her "first". So it's time for a little payback only Jess is ready for action.

Chance Encounter (Men Of Chance) (Harlequin Temptation, No 822) Chance Encounter (Men of Chance series; Temptation #822) by Jill Shalvis
I love Jill's writing it is always fun and a good read. This one did not disappoint.

T.J. Chance is a wild, uninhibited adventurer. Ally Wheeler is one scared little mouse. But she's determined to change all that, and T.J. is her ticket to a brand-new life. If she can hold her own with this sexy rebel, she can do anything!

No way is Chance going to be responsible for some city girl who want to dog his heels and have "adventures." Of course, if she's looking for a wild time, he can certainly deliver. And the longer Ally stays in Wyoming, the harder it's going to be for him not to do the wild thing with her...


Shadow Hunter (Silhouette Intimate Moments)
Shadow Hunter (Intimate Moments) by Linda Conrad
This is the third in a series. I had grabbed it for $.50 from the library and now I am off to get the others in the series. It is paranormal in that it has shapeshifter bad guys and good guys with psychic powers. Good book, I am interested in the third book about his cousin though. I just checked it out from the library today. Forgot to mention the others in the series are Shadow Force, Shadow Watch, this one, Shadow Surrender and Shadow Warrior.

Navajo Tribal Special Investigator Hunter Long couldn't believe the news. Spoiled beauty Bailey Howard, abducted with a baby? Well, the woman who'd caused him no end of heartache wouldn't be in danger for long. Hunter was the best tracker on the reservation--he'd save them both. Without letting Bailey get under his skin again.

But rescuing both at once became impossible. For the kidnappers belonged to a group of mystical and deadly shape-shifters, and even Hunter couldn't easily escape them. Together, they might stand a chance--if he could resist the force of this new Bailey, no longer spoiled heiress, but all woman….

Labels:

5 comments:

Anonymous on 4/30/2007 11:58 PM

I have to admit to wincing whenever someone reads my older books... and am very relieved you liked it!

Comment by ~ames~ on 5/01/2007 10:55 AM

I did a harlequin experiment a while back, where I read a whole whack of 'em (I had a bias against them and decided to test them out, still not my thing). Anyway-I had read Talking about Sex. meh. LOL

Comment by Kris on 5/01/2007 7:07 PM

hi jill, I love your books!

ames- I agree that one is not her best. It did not do a whole lot for me.

Comment by Jenster on 5/02/2007 3:45 PM

Yea! It's always so much fun to get new books. :o)

Comment by Nicole on 5/02/2007 10:41 PM

I think I have Tease by SF somewhere, let me know what you think and I'll dig it out and give it a try.

Post a Comment