Gabriel's Ghost

4/29/2007 05:51:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Gabriel's GhostGabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair
When I first picked this up I thought that is was going to contain an actual ghost, but no it didn't. Not a bad thing just what I expected from the title. That is what happens when you don't read the back summary. I enjoyed this book a lot. I read her book Finders Keepers and knew that I had to find more by her. She writes very good sci-fi romance. Now I need to find Games of Command because I have heard really good things about that book as well.

After a decade of piloting interstellar patrol ships, former captain Chasidah Bergren, onetime pride of the Sixth Fleet, finds herself court-martialed for a crime she didn’t commit–and shipped off to a remote prison planet from which no one ever escapes. But when she kills a brutal guard in an act of self-defense, someone even more dangerous emerges from the shadows.
Gabriel Sullivan–alpha mercenary, smuggler, and rogue–is supposed to be dead. Yet now this seductive ghost from Chaz’s past is offering her a ticket to freedom–for a price. Someone in the Empire is secretly breeding jukors: vicious and uncontrollable killing machines that have long been outlawed. Gabriel needs Chaz to help him stop the practice before it decimates Imperial space. The mission means putting their lives on the line–but the tensions that heat up between them may be the riskiest part of all.

Labels: ,

4 comments:

Comment by Kristie (J) on 4/29/2007 10:35 AM

I highly recommend Games of Command. And I really want to read Gabriel's Ghost. I hear good things about it - many think it's either her best or her best after GOC. I'm going to have to order GG though, cause the store doesn't carry it anymore *sigh*

Comment by Chantal on 4/30/2007 11:54 AM

Ohh it sounds good! Is it a series?

Comment by Kris on 4/30/2007 6:33 PM

Hey kristie, it is on my tbb list (my library does not have that one:() It looks really good.

chantal - as far as I can tell it is not part of a series. I think that it is in the same world as Finders Keepers. but the characters from the other book weren't in this one at all.

Comment by Nicole on 5/02/2007 10:40 PM

Sci-fi is one of the types of books I have not tried and really am not interested in. But if I am one day I'll try to remember this author.

Post a Comment