It had to be You and Heaven, TX

4/26/2007 01:30:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Before I start I wanted to mention that I did not post covers for these because the covers that they had at Amazon were not the covers that I read and one of the reasons that I put the covers it to help me remember what book it is that i read. So on with the post...

It Had to be You
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
This is the first book in her Chicago Stars series. I had never read her before, but I have heard about her many times (and April was a slow new release month) so I broke down and decided to try her. She was a nice read. I do not think that she will be a keeper or auto buy at this point, but I did enjoy her. She might be one that will grow on me as I read more of her. I do not know yet.

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville -- the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Celebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Celebow is everything Phoebe abhors. And the sexy new boss is everything Dan despises -- a meddling bimbo who doesn't know a pigskin from a pitcher's mound.
So why is he drawn to the shameless sexpot like a heat-seeking missile? And why does the coach's good ol' boy charm leave cosmopolitan Phoebe feeling awkward, tongue-tied....and ready to fight?


Heaven, TX
by SEP
I think I liked the other one better. I had to force myself to continue on because Bobby Tom was annoying. But then more than halfway through the book I started to like him more so he was redeeming himself. So far though this series is not doing it for me. But knowing me, I will continue on anyway.

Come heck or high water, Gracie Snow is determined to drag the legendary ex-jock Bobby Tom Denton back home to Heaven, Texas, to begin shooting his first motion picture. Despite his dazzling good looks and killer charm, Bobby Tom has reservations about being a movie star -- and no plans to cooperate with a prim and bossy Ohio wallflower whom he can't get off his mind or out of his life. Instead, the hell-raising playboy decides to make her over from plain Jane to Texas wildcat.

But nothing's more dangerous than a wildcat with an angel's heart in a town too small for a bad boy to hide. And all hell breaks loose when two unforgettable people discover love, laughter, passion -- and a match that can only be made in Heaven.

Labels:

3 comments:

Comment by Marg on 4/27/2007 6:06 AM

I have only read one SEP book. Recently I bought It Had to be You...now I just have to read it!

Comment by Nicole on 4/28/2007 12:53 AM

CONTINUE ON!!!! She is one of my all time favorite authors I'm sure she'll grow on you. Nobodies Baby But Mine is my favorite of the series and I think it's the next one for you to read.

Others that aren't part of a series that I love are Ain't She Sweet and Breathing Room.

Give her another shot.

Comment by Kris on 4/28/2007 8:47 AM

Hey marg, i did like that one.

nicole, thanks for stopping by. I have NBbM from the library and am going to try that one next. I wil grab Ain't She Sweet next time I am at the library, thanks.

Post a Comment