Fast and Loose

5/15/2008 09:14:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sorry I have been MIA lately it is busy here at the end of the school year. I have been reading and around Blogland but not posting much. I have a slew of books to post about including Baddest of Bad Boys anthology, Shadow Magic by Cheyenne McCray, Taking the Heat by Kathryn Shay, Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden and a few others that I read last month but never posted about. I am so behind.


Fast  &  Loose (Berkley Sensation)Fast and Loose by Elizabeth Beverly
Hotshot Thoroughbred trainer Cole Early needs a place to stay during the Kentucky Derby. His only option is a snug little bungalow being rented out by local glass artist Lulu Flannery. And though her house indulges all of Cole's five senses, he'll have to tame his rowdy charm to coax some passion out of Lulu.

This was a cute book. It is not often that I read a contemporary book that takes place in the horse racing world. This was fun.
I enjoyed reading it but I wish she had gone into a little more with her releasing her inner self. She talked about how she was afraid to let go and loosen up because she felt that she would come apart from everything that was bottled up inside her. She did loosen up some before the end but I guess I wanted it to be more.
I loved her journal and the angel and devil on Cole shoulder when he was conflicted, they were funny. It is right up there with watching someone argue with themself.
Nice light read.

Labels: ,

4 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 5/15/2008 9:35 PM

I didn't know you were a fan of Chey's D-Anu Witches series too, Kris! I read the ARC for Shadow Magic several weeks ago but haven't written the review yet.

Hell, I haven't even got out to BUY the Cynthia Eden and the other end of April/ beginning of May books. GAK!

Comment by Kris on 5/16/2008 6:48 AM

I love Chey's D'Anu books. I am lucky to have a friend who buys all the Bravas as soon as they come out and then lets me borrow them. But she is moving next month to NY because of the education budget cuts here. She is a good friend and i am sad to see her go.

Comment by Christine on 5/18/2008 9:17 PM

Oooo can't wait to hear what you think of Cynthia Eden's new one. I'm interested in that one!

Comment by nath on 5/20/2008 7:44 AM

You enjoyed this one more than me... I liked the setting and the horse racing world, but I didn't really enjoy Lulu :( I don't think she matched Cole that well...and Lulu's friend... i mean, I understand why she would want a rich husband... but still, I didn't like her either.

Post a Comment