She's On Top

5/06/2008 09:22:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

FYI - my family friend that I told you about that had cancer, passed away last night. She had all of her children with her at the time. One good thing about this is that she got a chance to say good bye and everyone else got a chance to say good bye to her.





She's On Top (The Awesome Foursome)
She's On Top (Awesome Foursome Book/story 4) by Susan Lyons
Music is Rina’s passion and she can never forget the sensual rhapsody she experienced in the arms of her first lover. Ten years later, her sexy teenage boyfriend has become an incredibly hot Italian playboy whose masterful fingers still know how to create the most intimate melody of pleasure. And now Rina wants a full encore of passionate sex culminating in a glorious, unforgettable climax...

Susan Lyons says this about the series in her Amazon Blog: Champagne Rules, the first book (where sensible Suzanne meets Jaxon and her sexy side comes out!), has won several writing awards: the Booksellers Best Award for single title contemporary, the Booksellers Best Award for first book, the Golden Quill for erotic romance, and the Aspen Gold for erotic romance. Book 2, Hot in Here, matches Jenny up with a hot firefighter. Book 3, Touch Me, introduces workaholic Ann to a Greek God masseur who’s into tantric sex. And Book 4, She’s on Top - my brand new release - has Rina tracking down her magic-fingered piano man.


This was a really fun book. I loved the fact that they were both in the music world. And on different sides of it. She is a classical clarinetist and he is a music video director and former pianist. It was very sweet. They are reunited lovers. They spent a summer together when they were 17 at a music camp and became best friends then lovers. They decided that long distance relationships never work and broke things off when the summer ended. But never really got over each other. I really enjoyed watching them go through the trials of actually trying to have a relationship and all the issues that it brings. That is one thing that I liked about this and that I think I will like about the other books in the series, is that they have real life issues that are not always completely solved in one 300 page book. The characters from the previous book are still struggling with some of their issues in this book. They are together but still working some things out. It made the story more believable. I definitely have to look out for the other books in the series.

Labels:

9 comments:

Comment by Bev(QB) on 5/06/2008 10:29 PM

I'm so sorry about your friend, Kris. What a heartbreaking time this has been for you and her family.

{{{HUGS}}}

Comment by Jenster on 5/06/2008 10:32 PM

I'm sorry about your friend, Kirs. I'm glad she got to say goodbye, though.

Comment by Holly on 5/06/2008 11:29 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry about your friend. I'll keep her family in my thoughts and prayers. But I am glad they were able to say goodbye.

Comment by Marg on 5/07/2008 6:13 AM

It's never good to have to say goodbye, but at least she got to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family.

Comment by nath on 5/07/2008 7:47 AM

I'm sorry for your family friend, Kris :( but it's a blessing that she had everyone around her. Also, hopefully, she didn't suffer much.

The series sounds good...and that cover is hot :P

Comment by Stacy~ on 5/08/2008 8:48 AM

Oh Kris, I'm so sorry. It's nice she had her family with her though. That must bring some comfort.

I've read the first 2 books in this series, really enjoying "Hot In Here". Can't wait to read the other two.

Comment by Christine on 5/09/2008 5:22 PM

I'm so sorry about your friend, Kris. I'll be thinking of you and her family... especially on Mother's Day.

*hugs*

Comment by Shannon on 5/11/2008 11:16 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

As for the book, I am going to have to hunt this one down. Lost lovers and they are musicians? Perfect!

Comment by Rowena on 5/11/2008 2:29 PM

I'm so sorry about your friend, Kris.

(((Hugs)))

This book looks fun, I love best friends reuniting storylines...=)

Post a Comment