Hotter After Midnight

5/26/2008 07:03:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Happy Memorial Day!
Sorry I have not said much lately. I have been reading a little, but just not posting (not a lot to say I guess). Not in the mood and busy with baby and end of the year school stuff.
I had my 3 hr sugar test this past week and will find out the results this week. Hopefully they will be good. My family and friends from church threw me a surprise baby shower on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I had no absolutely no clue. My friend Anna called me and asked if I could give her a ride to her mom's so she could keep an eye on her grandmother and I said sure. I get there and she asks me to come help her carry some stuff (while I am yelling at my oldest to get back in her seat and stay there) so I get out and follow her in. Then I get a huge surprise seeing my family there and friends. It was really nice. So since then I have been in total baby mode. I have been washing new clothes and getting the room more organized with new stuff. (lots of fun) We also got new bookshelves for the living room and painted two of the four walls of the living room. I will post some pics when it looks a little nicer. I have also been asked to and will soon, post a belly pic. I have to get hubby to take one first.
I hope that everyone has been doing well. I have been reading your blogs but just lurking lately. I have been stuck in a reading rut. Nothing sounds interesting. Any suggestions?


Hotter After MidnightHotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden
Dr. Emily Drake's patients tend to be a little unusual. Instead of the typical therapist's caseload of midlife crises and mother fixations, Emily treats vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons looking for meaningful relationships. But her gift for recognizing and healing the Other--those creatures of the night that most humans don't even know exist--requires a few house rules. First: Never trust a shifter. Especially not one like Detective Colin Gyth whose gold-flecked eyes and predatory air make Emily realize how much she's been longing to lose control... Colin can't believe the doctor he's been assigned to work with on the Night Butcher murder investigation is the one person who could expose his true identity as a wolf shifter. Smart, sexy, and stubborn as hell, Emily brings out the alpha male in Colin, unleashing a wild, heady desire that takes them both over the edge. But in the shadows, the Night Butcher waits...eager to spill Emily's blood and taste her terror. And he'll use any means to destroy her, including the one person she has grown to trust.

I really enjoyed this book. It was nice and HOT. I liked the world that she has created. I hope to see more from it.

Labels: , , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Christine on 5/26/2008 10:00 PM

Awww.... a surprise baby shower! And you were actually surprised! I love that. I vote for a belly pic, too! I love seeing pregnant mommy bellies. Love it. :)

As far as your reading rut goes, have you tried reading a new-to-you author or a different sub genre? Or make a poll here on your blog with five books from your TBR pile and let us decide what you should read next! :)

Comment by Stacy~ on 5/27/2008 6:38 AM

Oh how fun, a surprise shower :) I'm thrilled for you and your family on your-soon-to-be new little one.

I read "Atonement" which is a love story but much more complex, and I'm currently re-reading Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy. Thank God I'm not currently in a slump. I hope you're over yours soon.

Comment by Bev(QB) on 5/27/2008 5:19 PM

Are you STILL pregnant? I thought you had the baby MONTHS ago and I missed the announcement! LOLOLOLOL

How much longer? Sounds like you are nesting, which for me at least, meant I was well under a month away, probably within two weeks.

I liked Hotter After Midnight too. Cynthia Eden's novella anthology with Shelly Laurenston, When He Was Bad releases today and is an auto-buy for me. It was before because of Laurenston, but now I know I'll enjoy the Eden story too.

LKH and Vicki Pettersson have new auto-buys releasing today too.
The Weddings from Hell anthology dropped today, there's bound to be something in there for you.

But, I can empathize with the reading rut. In fact, I'm seeing more and more people blogging about their own reading rut lately. I'm doing my own TBR diving, but it's getting harder to select anything because I have just way too many paranormals and many of them start reading same-old, same-old when read one after another.

Yet there are just too many historicals out that sound the same and I don't have a clue which one might engage my interest without making me think I've read THAT one before too.

*sigh* Fickle, fickle readers.

Comment by ~ames~ on 6/03/2008 1:00 PM

That's good stuff about the baby shower. :P

I'm really interested in this book and I think that cover is gorgeous.

Post a Comment