SEALed with a Kiss`

5/02/2008 09:06:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

SEALed with a Kiss: Even a hero needs help sometimes...SEALed with a Kiss by Mary Margret Daughtridge
He can handle just about anything, except this...
Jax Graham is a member of an elite military team, but when it comes to taking care of his four-year-old son after his ex-wife dies, he's completely clueless.
One person can help him, if he'll let her...
Family therapist Pickett Sessoms knows just how to help a rough, tough Navy SEAL deal with a scared and lonely little boy, but not if he insists on going it alone.
When Jax and his young son Tyler get trapped by a hurricane, Pickett takes them in against her better judgment. Jax figures Pickett's high maintenance, just like all the women he knows, and she figures he's not commitment material. But when an outing turns deadly, Pickett discovers what it means to be a SEAL, and Jax discovers that even a hero needs help sometimes...

OMGoodness, this was a great book. I won this over at Book Binge and I am so happy that I did. I would say if you were one of the many that loved the Virgin River trilogy by Robyn Carr then you will adore this one as well. It was not small town like that one but to me it has a similar feel.
The characters were great. I loved their interactions and chemistry. I am not a fan of books with kids at all, but I loved this one. I so grew to love Tyler and want so much for him. This has a great story line and i loved seeing a Alpha hero that was sincere and humble enough to ask for help when he needed it. But he did not lose face in doing so or go to her and then ignore her advise because he knows all. I also liked that they took time to build their relationship before they slept together. It was a nice change from many books I read.
You also got to see all sides of the H and h. You saw him as vulnerable and sexy and dangerous and a hero. You got to see her as compassionate and confused and vulnerable and strong and self conscious.
If you have not read it yet, you must get it.

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Holly on 5/04/2008 7:36 AM

I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Kris. I love that Jax was such a normal guy. I adored him. :)

Comment by Stacy~ on 5/04/2008 10:52 PM

I just read Virgin River but would have never thought this book was similar. Now I think I have to read it. Great review.

Comment by Rowena on 5/05/2008 9:32 PM

I need to get on this and read this book.

Great review sweets!

Comment by Kris on 5/05/2008 10:06 PM

Thanks Holly. :)

Stacy and Rowena you will love it, you have to get it.

Post a Comment