lots of books and Love Me Still

12/19/2007 07:54:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

I went a little crazy (well at least for me) and bought a bunch of books this week. I went to my ubs and bought
Sexy Devil by Sasha White
When Wizards Rule by Lora Leigh
Tanner's Scheme by Lora Leigh (already read but did not own)

Then I went online and bought three e-books from Samhain
Brazen by Maya Banks
Hara's Legacy by Bianca D'Arc
Love Me Still by Maya Banks

I went ahead and read Love Me Still because it is a short story. It is only 56 pages but it was a good story. It is in print in an anthology called The Perfect Gift. The story and the others in the anthology are on sale right now for the holidays for $2.25 and I really love her writing so I grabbed it.

Love Me, Still Love Me Still by Maya Banks

Forgiveness is the most difficult thing to give but the most cherished thing to receive.

A story from The Perfect Gift

Beloved mate to two wolves, Heather lived an idyllic life until hunters destroyed the pack’s peaceful existence.

Believing their mate betrayed them and was responsible for their father’s death, Cael and Riyu cut Heather from their lives. But when they realize their terrible mistake, can they ever gain her forgiveness and win back her love?

This was a very nice story. There are no sex scenes in the story, but there is a committed menage relationship and is a story about forgiveness. Heather's mates are shape shifters and she is a human living with their pack as their mate. The men's father is murdered and his last words are about Heather's betrayal. So when she shows up they cast her off. She all the while declaring her innocence. I really enjoyed it and thought it was well written.

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Comment by Stacy~ on 12/20/2007 7:17 AM

Wow you did make out with the books, but it's the holidays, so you should treat yourself.

"Love Me Still" sounds like a cute story. I've read one book by that author, and it was okay. Haven't quite jumped on her bandwagon yet.

So how have you been feeling?

Comment by Kris on 12/20/2007 8:20 AM

Hi Stacy,
It was a nice story. I have liked all the books that i have read by her but I have only read like 3 of them. Her latest books are about menages. So if that is not your thing you have to stick with her older stuff.

Comment by Kris on 12/20/2007 8:21 AM

Sorry, did not answer the last question, I am doing well. Only nauseous when I don't eat often enough. I have my first OB appt tomorrow.

Post a Comment