Stuff

12/13/2007 12:34:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I went to the doctor today and he confirmed that i am pregnant!! I do not know if I can do this again but I guess God knows best. No, we were not trying, it was a surprise. We have not told the other two yet we are waiting until I get further along.
I also got a good confirmation. I have a pain in my breast that I have had for about 14 years. The doctors all said that it was a "tenderness" or that it was related to my pregnancy or it was related to my menstral cycle. Over the years it has gotten worse though and I asked to doctor (different doctor) about it again today and he did a breast exam on me and found the spot and said it felt like a cyst. I can feel it when I do my exams but I know what and where I am looking. So he is going to talk with my OB/GYN when i go to them about what my options are. Finally.
Honestly why I have had it so long is my own fault. One, i hate going to the doctor so I never make appointments (unless pregnant) and two, I am timid enough not to fight or argue with the doctor.
On a more distressing note, the doctor did say that he wanted me to completely cut out caffeine, including chocolate!!!!!!!! I do not know if I can handle that. My hubby said that maybe we can work out a rationing of the chocolate, like one a week, but I do not think that is going to cut it. this is going to be a long pregnancy.

Update: If you want a too funny Christmas song go read this.
Another addition: A friend emailed this video to me and I do not know how to put it on my blog but i will give you the link, it is hilarious.

Labels:

7 comments:

Comment by Holly on 12/13/2007 2:17 PM

Aww! Congrats on the pregnancy!! How exciting.

Sorry about the breast tenderness. I was always timid around my doctors, too, until the last few years. Now I figure I know more about my body than they do, so they should listen to me, not the other way around.

No caffeine? I couldn't do that. I'm not a big chocolate person, but I'd die without coffee and Pepsi. LOL

Comment by ~ames~ on 12/13/2007 4:41 PM

Congrats on the baby!!

I don't like my doctor-so I don't go. :(

Comment by Marg on 12/14/2007 5:09 AM

Congratulations! I do agree that it is going to be a long pregnancy without chocolate though!

AS for doctors, I have to be really sick to visit mine!

Comment by Stacy~ on 12/14/2007 6:53 AM

Kris, that's wonderful news about the baby. I know you'll do just fine. Hugs to you.

I hope everything goes well with the ob/gyn and that you can get rid of the pain.

Oh geez, no coffee or chocolate? The kiss of death. I don't think going cold turkey will be safe LOL. Good luck - I hope you find something to replace the cravings.

Comment by Kris on 12/14/2007 9:39 AM

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I will keep you posted.

Comment by nath on 12/14/2007 11:05 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A new baby :D I know you're excited :D too bad you'll have to cut down on chocolate :P but it'll all be worht the sacrifice :D

Comment by Jerri on 12/14/2007 11:32 AM

Congrats, Kris. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Post a Comment