Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night and stuff

12/01/2007 11:47:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well I am sitting up procrastinating about cleaning my house. I have to do it, but I keep saying i will do it later. I am having a jewelry party at my house tomorrow/today/Sunday (it is late), so the house has to look presentable. I also have some cool news but I will tell you about that later.
Ran around all morning. My oldest daughter was in the city Christmas parade earlier today then we had about 10 minutes to rush home, change into her soccer uniform and race to the field for her team pictures and then a game. We made it, barely. She had a great time at both events so it was worth it.
Well I really should go clean, on with the review.



Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (The Immortals After Dark, Book 3)Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

Her breathless kiss haunts him...
Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed -- until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.
His slow, hot touch is irresistible...
Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It's rumored that no one can tempt Bowen's hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.
No deed is too wicked for her seduction...
If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul -- or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?

This is the third full book in the "Immortals After Dark" series. This is a great series and helpful if read in order. For more info about it click here. I just finished it tonight and really enjoyed it. Bowen has issues but he is trying to change to win Mari and does not whine about it like Deke does in Decadent (now that I think about it that is one reason I did not like that book as much as the first one, he was whiny).
The characters are a good match, they made me want to keep reading. A couple of times I was not quite following the story during the Hie and the trapping in the cave. I do not know if it was because I was tired or it was difficult to follow. I will have to re-read it later when I have had more sleep. If you have read it please let me know.

Labels: , , ,

3 comments:

Comment by Anne on 12/02/2007 2:14 PM

Started reading this a while back, and stopped about 1/3 of the way through. just did not grip me. I couldn't get a grasp on what exactly was happening nor why, and I was expecting much more angst from Bowen from what we learned of him in A Hunger Like No Other, but was majorly disappointed when he was not as I perceived him to be. To say this book was a let down is an understatement.

Comment by Kris on 12/03/2007 8:35 AM

Okay, so it wasn't just me who had a hard time following the first half of the book. I stuck with it and liked it. I guess because i just finished a book where the hero had soooo much angst that he came off as whiny, I liked the nice change of pace. He had angst but not too much.

Comment by nath on 12/03/2007 4:06 PM

I really enjoyed this one :D I thought it was the best of the series so far :D although I'd like to read Mist and Nicholas story :D

Post a Comment