The Cat

6/20/2008 03:00:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

The Cat (The Sons of Destiny, Book 5)The Cat (Sons of Destiny Book 5) by Jean Johnson
Amara is wary of mages––they chased her out of her homeland. Yet there is something about the mage Trevan of Nightfall that Amara can’t resist. But can he be trusted with her most fiercely guarded secret? Courting such a pretty yet prickly outlander won’t be easy, but Trevan is determined to try. She may be fierce, proud, and from a different culture, but after all, he is the Cat, and none but the most fascinating and challenging of women could satisfy him…

I love this series. Amara (the heroine) alternately irritated and impressed me. She was an interesting character. Her possessiveness and difficulty getting a grip, irritated me but then she would go and redeem herself by apologizing for her behavior and admit when she messed up. If she had not had done that I would have thrown the book against the wall. Her relationship with Kelly was funny, those to are just too dominant to be around each other for very long. In this book she is the one who sticks out very much in the storyline when I think back on it. It is not the relationship with Trevan that sticks out for me it is her and all her issues.

The next book is Ryden's story and is called The Storm. It is due out September 2, 2008. I cannot wait!!

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Christine on 6/22/2008 9:56 PM

I've seen other reviews and commentary on this series around and a lot of people really enjoy it. I'll have to add it to my list to check out! :)

Comment by ~ames~ on 6/22/2008 11:55 PM

I just bought the first 3 books of this series at the thrift store. LOL Yeah, I'm not supposed to buy books, so what? hehe

Comment by Bev(QB) on 6/23/2008 12:15 AM

I was already looking forward to Rydan's book, but now I'm REALLY intrigued since JJ states that it is the same events from this book only seen from other POVs-- presumably Rydan and Amora's (?book is not nearby).

I love that these books are NOT following any kind of set formula.

Like you, I really enjoyed the fact that Amara and Kelly irritate each other! That is soooo based on reality that these two take-charge, alpha women would have had problems with each other! Another author would have had them become instant bosom buddies, but Johnson nailed the fact that they needed to find their own way to develop a relationship.

Comment by Kris on 6/23/2008 10:05 AM

christine, if you enjoy light fantasy romance, I think you will like these, they are fun to follow.

ames, well, they were used so that is not so bad, you can make exceptions for that. :)

bev, I was hoping that that would be the case for the next book. It was driving me crazy that i had no clue what was happening with them. I do love that they are not the same book over and over with different characters :) All of the characters are very much individuals.

Post a Comment