My weekend

6/09/2008 12:05:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sorry I have not been around much. Lots going on with the end of the school year and then on Friday was my and Hubby's 10th anniversary. School ended well, no big fights, I did not maim any children before summer :P We had a good end of the year party with the staff and faculty. And now I am done for 2 months, YEAH!! Well those two months are going to be getting ready for baby and spending time with the other two. I have four weeks left. My C-section has been scheduled for July 10th. I have had many requests for a belly pic so Hubby took one last night.




I feel like I am going to pop anytime. And i have no idea how God expects my stomach to get any bigger in these next 4 weeks. (P.S. the skirt I am wearing is my new favorite skirt. It is a one size fits all drawstring skirt. It fits around my belly (that is the red line on my belly) and will fit me afterward too.) I am doing well, health wise. I passed my sugar test, thank goodness. I am just very tired.
Well in other news, we got the majority of our bookshelves (from IKEA)put up just have to get all the books on them. We have one more to put up and we also got the extensions for them to add a shelf on top. But here is a pic of what we have so far. Please excuse the walls, we are still painting them, but we wanted to paint before we got the shelves up.



We still have about 2 boxes of books in the garage and Hubby is bringing home a bookshelf worth of books from his office when we get the other shelf put up. This is mainly our fantasy, general fiction, non-fiction, classics, young adult, religious and a few romance. The majority of my romance is in the bedroom so I have easy access and it looks like this
This bookshelf was in the living room but it does not match everything else. I still have a few trade size on my closet shelf because they do not fit, Hubby was so shocked that they did not fit. This is also after I went through my books and took a bag full to my ubs to trade. The other bookshelf next to it is going to a friend's house because we are out of room and she needs one.

Well this weekend was our 10th anniversary and Hubby planned a nice night for us. The munchkins spent the night at a friend's house and Hubby and I went to a fancy restaurant for dinner. He said that he knows I like getting dressed up and going out and we never get to. I told him that next time he planned a nice dinner like this to make sure I can fit in to my nice dress up clothes. :P Luckily I had a nice black maternity dress that worked. We went to a restaurant called Manuel's, it is one of the few that i have been to where jackets are recommended. So I got to see Hubby dressed up too (always nice). Then he had made reservations for us at a nice hotel downtown. We had a very nice suite with a balcony overlooking a large lake. (We took a picture but my cell is having issues sending pics) It was such a nice evening. I did not have to get up 4 times during the meal to take a child to the bathroom. We got to sleep in the next morning and have breakfast together. And I did not have to cook or clean up, always a plus.

After we got back on Saturday and go the kids, that evening the ladies of my church were having a chick movie night. They were showing a movie for the kids in another room. So I got to go hang out with some friends and we watched Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility. It was a lot of fun. It has been a long time since I had seen it. It also reminded me how much Hugh Grant cannot act. In every role he plays, he plays himself. It does not change, only the setting.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend like i did. I have lots of books to talk about, Lately I have read Blood Noir by LKH, From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris, Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren, Lover Enshrined by JR Ward and Wizard's Daughter by Catherine Coulter. So many books, so little time. :)

Labels:

7 comments:

Comment by Holly on 6/09/2008 1:18 PM

Aww, I love your tummy! It's so cute! June 10th is coming up fast, isn't it?

The shelves look great. I'm super jealous.

I'm so glad you had a good anniversary night. It's so important to get away from being a mom for a night here and there. :)

And most importantly, WOOHOO! Two months off! =)

Comment by Jenster on 6/09/2008 1:31 PM

I agree with Holly. Cute tummy!!

The shelves are beautiful! You make my book stash look pitiful. lol

Congrats on the anniversary! It's always great to have some alone time. :o)

Comment by nath on 6/09/2008 3:02 PM

Nice to hear from you Kris!!

Nice tummy!! It's hard to believe there's a baby in there LOL :P and the skirt is nice :D

Love the shelves! You still have space in there!! Lucky you!

and it's great that you're off for two months and that it's the end of the year and everything went well :P Happy that you still have your job too!

psst Holly, it's July 10th :P not tomorrow :P unless you meant July and wrote June... hmmm...

Comment by ~ames~ on 6/09/2008 3:24 PM

Your belly! AWwww!!

Love your shelves. :P

Comment by Bev(QB) on 6/11/2008 12:45 PM

OOOOOOO, Bookshelf P0rn! I have shelf envy!

Heehee, what a cute widdle baby belly. July 10th will be here before you know it, and, as I'm sure you well remember, while you are trying to function under the influence of severe sleep deprivation, you'll be wondering why you were in such a hurry!

Congrats on your anniversary. I well remember being ever so grateful for those few times my hubby and I could spend some quality, uninterrupted time together. I remember a couple of times we told the sitter we were going out to dinner but rented a motel room instead. Money well spent even if we only stayed for a couple of hours.

Comment by Stacy~ on 6/12/2008 6:42 AM

Aw, look at you and baby! How sweet. And congrats on your 10th anniversary. Enjoy your time off.

Oh I just love looking at all those pretty books...

Comment by Christine on 6/22/2008 9:49 PM

OMG I LOVE the tummy picture! It almost makes me wish I were pregnant. Okay... well it did for like... 15 seconds. ;p

Happy anniversary to you and your husband--I'm glad you took the time to celebrate.

I love your shelves, too. The black is very classy. We're having an addition put on our house and I'm very excited to have more wall space for book shelves like yours in a few months. And IKEA is very affordable. =)

Post a Comment