From Dead to Worse

6/24/2008 08:32:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

My posts this week are probably going to be short and sweet. My sis is coming over for a few days to help me paint and with the kids while hubby is at camp. I have soooo many books to post about, I have been in a reading frenzy since school got out, i just have not posted them. I may have to do a lightning review post to purge my drafts. We will see.
PS my feet and ankles are so swollen, I am past ready to have this baby. :)


From Dead to WorseFrom Dead to Worse (Southern Vampire Books Book 8) by Charlaine Harris
"After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the man-made explosion at the vampire summit, everyone human and otherwise is stressed, including Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is trying to cope with the fact that her boyfriend Quinn has gone missing. It's clear that things are changing whether the weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie, Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, leader of the local vampire community is caught up in the changes. In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death, and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood finished flowing, her world will be forever altered."

She needs to write these faster!! I love these books but this series is written like episodes in a tv show. But we do not get a new episode every week like on tv. (MJD's Betsy series is like that as well, but I like these much more). I can't wait to see what develops with Eric now. I liked this installment, just need a quicker fix :)

Labels: , , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Stacy~ on 6/25/2008 6:39 AM

Sadly this one one series I'm going to have to pass on. I've already invested so much time in series, and some will have to fall by the wayside. Glad you're enjoying it though.

Have fun with your sister. I envy your reading frenzy :)

Comment by Christine on 6/26/2008 8:57 PM

I haven't read the Sookie series yet, despite having the first four books on my shelf. Someday...

Have fun with your sis! I have this Mom Quotes calendar and today's said something like You know you're really pregnant when you're body feels like it just entered the fourth trimester. I guess that's you, huh? Two more weeks!!!

Comment by Kris on 6/26/2008 9:36 PM

hey stacy, thanks :)

christine, that is hilarious and soo true. I am entering my fifth trimester. And since I am having a c-section, I don't have to wait until my due date. I could not do the waiting thing well if I was not. Thanks for the quote. two weeks and counting!!

Anonymous on 6/27/2008 11:29 AM

I keep seeing great reviews of all books by this author. I have a little stack at home and I really need to start reading them. I will probably start with this series and then try some of her others.

Post a Comment