Lover Enshrined

6/13/2008 10:20:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 6)Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Book 6) by J.R. Ward
Fiercely loyal to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Phury has sacrificed himself for the good of the race, becoming the male responsible for keeping the Brotherhood's bloodlines alive. As Primale of the Chosen, he is to father the sons and daughters who will ensure that the traditions of the race survive and that there are warriors to fight those who want all vampires extinguished.
As his first mate, the Chosen Cormia wants to win not only his body but his heart for herself- she sees the emotionally scarred male behind all his noble responsibility. But while the war with the Lessening Society grows more grim, and tragedy looms over the Brotherhood's mansion, Phury must decide between duty and love.


I enjoyed this book. But not for the usual reasons. The main couple for this book was Phury and Cormia but they did not have as much "screen time" as the usual main coupe would. This book was a lot about moving the series storyline along. Which for me was good. Cormia was not my favorite heroine. She was a little too much of a doormat for me to enjoy her. So them getting little story time was okay with me. I was much more interested in John Matthew, Blay and Quinn. And of course, Tohr. Rehv had a lot larger role in this book as well. Which was nice especially since his is the next book. Lassiter returns, which it took me a while to try to remember who he was (I have not re-read the series). This was almost like a second book in the trilogy. It moves the story but there is no real big climax and resolution in it. Like a transition book. Though I enjoyed it a lot more than the usual transition book.
If you follow the series this was a good installment. If you have not read them, do NOT start with this one, you will be very lost.

Labels: ,

7 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 6/13/2008 10:48 PM

I'm new to the J.R. Ward club. I'm 3/4 finished with Lover Eternal and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Just wish I had more time to read!

Comment by Kris on 6/14/2008 8:03 AM

hey jenster,
I am glad that you are enjoying it. My biggest hang up with this series was the language with which they speak to one another (feel me?), but in this one at least it was toned down a lot. IOt could have something to do with the fact that the main charcters we saw were Phury and Cormia (who would not talk to her like that) and the three boys who have not fully started speaking like that.
Enjoy the series, they are fun.

Comment by Bev(QB) on 6/14/2008 4:24 PM

LASSITER WAS IN A PREVIOUS BOOK?!! Seriously?! Dayum... which one? Cuz I swear he didn't seem even vaguely familiar to me and I KNOW I haven't missed any of the previous books. Which means the problem is my fading brain cells gain. *sigh*

Comment by Stacy~ on 6/17/2008 10:28 PM

Jen, I envy your newbie status to this series. Good times.

Kris, I enjoyed Blay, Quinn, JM, Tohr and Xhex more than Phury & Cormia. And the Lessers had me yawning. And it was more grim than previous books as well.

Comment by Jenster on 6/21/2008 10:52 AM

I know what you mean. They're "hip" language is a little glaring, but whatever. I'm not so picky. lol

Comment by Christine on 6/22/2008 9:53 PM

I'm glad you liked this BDB installment, too, Kris. It is a shame that Ward is not writing the romance parts as well as I think she's capable of. If she gave the hero and heroine more page time in these last two or three books, I think she would be a phenomenal hit. She's shortchanging herself, I think. (Not like I could do better, though! lol...)

Bev:: No, Lassiter has not shown up in any previous books. This was his debut. He has, however, shown up on Ward's message boards. *rolls eyes*

Comment by Kris on 6/22/2008 9:58 PM

I thought i remembered Lassiter from another book (maybe it was a preview or excerpt though). I do not read her message boards (too many people WAY too into this series for me)

But bev, I could very well be the one with the fading brain cells. I lose more of them with each pregnancy :)

Post a Comment