February reads I did not get to post about yet

3/06/2007 05:35:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Dipped In ChocolateDipped in Chocolate by Renee Luke (B+)

I enjoyed this book. It was three stories about three acquintences. The other characters are mentioned in the other stories but not an integral part. I loved the first story becaue I love best friend stories, so that was a treat. But all the stories were good and spicy to boot.

A trio of erotic treats from an author who knows how to seduce-and deliver.
In Gimme Some Sugar...Jackson never realized how much he loved his friend Alexis-until her wedding day. Now all he has to do is convince her that their harmless kissing games over the years weren't so harmless after all.
In 4 U Sweetheart...Toni never imagined that a night of speed-dating could lead to something serious. Until the hunk of her dreams slipped her a candy heart that said "Pick Me."
In Dipped in Chocolate...Nathan wants a special delicacy for his sister's bridal shower. He finds it in Jayla, the owner of a decadent chocolate shop. Now Nathan may have to abandon his bachelor ways for a piece of chocolate that's a little more solid.


Real Men Do It Better (Anthology) (Includes Tempting Seals, Book 3)Real Men Do it Better anthology by Lori Wilde, Lora Leigh, Susan Donovan, and Carrie Alexander (B)
I read this book mainly to read LoraLeigh's story because it is the third in her Tempting SEALs series (the first being in the anthology Honk if you Love Real Men (have not read yet) and the second being Dangerous Games.) Second reason being, I love Susan Donovan and have not gotten to read her in a while. I enjoyed all the stories and they were a nice assortment. I just wish a couple had been a little longer because they were lacking a little character development.

"His Body Electric" by Carrie Alexander. The storm shut down Karen's phone sex business Cock-A-Doodle. It also brought Tomzak to her farmhouse seeking shelter. The attraction is electric.
"Bed and Breakfast" by Susan Donovan. High strung corporate executive Kate left Los Angeles for a spiritual retreat in the New Mexico desert. However, she arrives just before a torrent occurs only to find the Windwalker Lodge closed for renovation. Jorey allows her to stay, but he soon teaches her more on the impact of the spirit of the flesh has on the mind.
"For Maggie's Sake" by Lora Leigh. Joe believes the woman he loved and lost two years ago is involved with a dangerous drug lord who has killed some Navy SEALs. He reassesses his belief when his Maggie is abducted.
"Siren's Call" by Lori Wilde. When her grandfather broke his hip, Annie comes home to St. Augustine to keep his dive shop afloat. As she expects to return to Manhattan, diving instructor Duncan enters the shop. He knows he made the mistake of his life when he decided he was not good enough for his beloved Annie and ended their fling. Now he has a second chance to rectify his error.


I'm In No Mood For Love
I'm in No Mood for Love by Rachel Gibson (B-)

This was a cute book. Though I do not think that it is my favorite by her, one of those reasons being that I read it a week ago and now can barely remember it. Usually I just have to read the summary and it all comes back, but this one is not really doing that. And I remember thinking when I was finished that it was cute but not my favorite by her.

What is Clare Wingate doing? One minute she's suffering in a pretty-in-pink gown she'll never wear again, and the next thing she knows it's morning . . . and she has the nastiest hangover of her life.
To make matters worse, she's wearing nothing but a spritz of Escada and lying next to Sebastian Vaughan . . . her girlhood crush turned sexy, globe-hopping journalist. Somewhere between the toast and the toss of the bouquet she'd gotten herself into a whole lot of trouble.
Clare had the right to go wild—after all, she'd been knocked off her dyed-to-match shoes after finding her own fiancé in a compromising position with the washing machine repairman. Clearly her society wedding is off.
But Sebastian pushed all the wrong buttons—and some of the right ones, too. Clare is in no mood for love—not even for lust—and wants to forget about Sebastian and his six-pack abs ASAP. But he isn't in the mood to go away, and his kiss is impossible to forget.

Labels:

5 comments:

Comment by nath on 3/07/2007 2:00 PM

Wow Kris! You're really catching up on your reviews! And you really do read a lot :D I'm staying clear from anthologies nowadays :) As for the last book you reviewed, yeah, it was cute, but definitively not her best.

Comment by Tempest Knight on 3/07/2007 10:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Kris! I'll have to check this one out. BTW, I posted about a new book at my blog. If you've not read it, go there and check it out. ;)

Comment by Kris on 3/07/2007 10:15 PM

Hey nath, I am working on them, but now I am getting behind on my March reads already. oh well.

Tempest, I am headed over there now, thanks for the heads up. :)

Comment by reviewer on 3/11/2007 4:57 PM

I plan to buy Honk if you love real men, soon.

The R Gibson book sounds good, but I can't get over the naked foot on the cover. I hate feet. Omg, do I ever hate feet. As long as that foot is on the cover, I wont read the book.

I know, I know. I'm a nut.

Comment by Kris on 3/11/2007 9:42 PM

chantal, you are funny, ;) I have a friend with the same foot aversion as you, it is fun to mess with her on occasion.

Post a Comment