Beautiful Girl

1/27/2008 09:33:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

My pregnancy is going well. I got the hear the heartbeat this week. I had a biopsy done on Friday of the mass in my breast. That was uncomfortable. It was not very painful for me, thank goodness, but he had to make an incision and now I have tape on my breast that itches. I hope that everyone is doing well. My hubby turned 30 this week so that was a fun birthday to celebrate. I read another really cool book that I am going to post about tomorrow night. But here is another one.

Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl
by Shiloh Walker

Sometimes getting to heaven requires a trip through hell.
Twelve years ago, it looked like Del Prescott had it all. The wealthy family, the car, the looks and charm, and the perfect boyfriend. Then, mysteriously, she disappeared to “study abroad.” Now she’s back, and it’s not merely to attend a high school reunion. She’s here to face her demons—and Blake, the man she has never stopped loving.
Blake Mitchell is a changed man, thanks to surviving twelve long years of difficulties that began after Del dropped out of his life. Now she’s back, and she’s nothing like the polished, stylish world traveler he imagined she’d be. There’s a darkness about her, and a grim expression in her eyes that says she’s prepared for fight or flight.
Blake’s concern for her breaks down the walls Del has built around her heart and she finally begins to heal from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her own family. But the betrayal goes deeper than either of them ever imagined—and it’s about to come back to haunt them.

Wonderful story. The heroine made me cry for her. And I cannot say that about many books. The main character dragged me into her story and I felt for her so much and for others in her position who have had to go through what she went through. I know that she is a fictional character but she became real and i cried for her. Both the hero and the heroine have overcome and continue to overcome so many obstacles, it made them so much closer for it. Great story I highly recommend.

Labels:

5 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 1/28/2008 6:53 AM

Kris! I knew I hadn't been very good about my bloghopping - I really need a new system. But I had no idea you had this going on!

I'm glad the pregnancy is going well and you're feeling good. Prayers and hugs to you about the biopsy and a VERY good report. The waiting is always the worst part to me.

Comment by Stacy~ on 1/28/2008 6:56 AM

I enjoy Shiloh's work and can't wait for this one. Your review has me chomping at the bit :)

Great news on your healthy pregnancy. How exciting to hear the heartbeat. I'll be thinking of you regarding the biopsy. [[[Hugs]]]

Comment by nath on 1/28/2008 7:43 AM

I'm really glad too to hear that your pregnancy is going well... and I'll keep you in my thoughts about the biopsy. I'm sure everything will be well though :)

Oh and Happy Birthday to your hubby :)

and this book sounds great! it's not paranormal right?

Comment by Kris on 1/28/2008 8:45 PM

Jen - I get behind on a lot of blogs too. And i do not post about personal stuff regularly. Thanks for the prayers, always accepted. :)

stacy - It was really good! [[Hugs]] back :)

nath - Thanks! No it is not paranormal, just small town contemporary

Love you ladies, thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous on 1/28/2008 11:12 PM

Hi Kris!

I'm glad you liked the story and thanks for the review.

:( Not sure what the biopsy was for, but hope and prayers everything is okay.

:) I so totally love hearing a baby's heartbeat for the first time. It's a miracle, isn't it?

Post a Comment